The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VW CRAFTER MWB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frostie36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VW CRAFTER MWB
    Posted: 26 Feb 11 at 17:10
CryHi can any one help my much loved crafter keeps breaking down and shows no fault codes.Has had a new EGR valve fitted two weeks ago and run fine up until now.the engine shuts off but will start back up straight away as you engage a gear and start to pull away engine shuts down.It does this for a while then run's ok,also have noticed it all ways seem's to happen when there is half a tank of fuel left.have had fuel line checked for blockages and presure all ok.Has any one had the same problems please please help.
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 11 at 08:12
Moved this to the Tech section as it may get a better response.

In answer to your problem could it be something as simple as a blocked breather pipe on the tank.
If it is then as you use the fuel a vacuum would occur in the tank, you'd hear a hiss as you undo the fuel cap.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

frostie36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frostie36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 11 at 16:10
Hi thanks for replying that was the first thing i checked,had a problem with an old LT loosing power
light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 11 at 17:17
Could be worth having a look at the clutch pedal switch the one that looks like a brake light switch
I had a similar problem on a golf tdi ,as you let the clutch out to pull of it would stall/engine cut out
frostie36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frostie36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 18:41
Hi did get to the bottom of it.A few weeks before it started braking down i had a hands free kit fitted.this was removed and has not missed a beat since,Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply