The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

engine advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paramedic john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: engine advice needed
    Posted: 22 May 11 at 18:36
Hello all
I got my bus back in December.  I was told it was a 1.6td engine.  It has always been quite smokey but as it had 6 months MOT I decided to get as much use out of it.  Took it for MOT and failed the emission test.  On further examination it turns out it is a JK code engine from a polo with a JX turbo attached to it (turbo is only 18 months old as have the recipt for it).  Dont see any point in rebuilding the engine so am thinking of replacing it.  Cant find a JK or AAZ engine available so am concidering putting in a 1Y as there seems to be a few of these around still.  Not really sure how to go about doing this though so am after a few pointers.  What parts will i need to use form the JK/JX i've already got?  I'm hoping to use the turbo as I understand it can be put onto the 1Y if it has D/DT stamped on it.  What mods do I need to do to the 1Y.  Any advice/pointers/links/hints/help gratefully received.
Many thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply