The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paint Codes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chill60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paint Codes?
    Posted: 04 Jun 12 at 13:21
Can anyone assist?

Catalogue codes for the colours on my 86 SA are Arctic white - 001 and Powder Blue - 005 however I cannot find any actual paint codes ... they are not on the info section ... is there a reference on the net or does anyone have an idea?

Cheers and thanks

Chris
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 12 at 16:39
Hi Chris.

Your paint code should be on the plate on the drivers door step. Having found it, it will still be little help as the paint is SA specific. The web site to try is http://www.standox.co.za/ as they manufactured the paint, You should then be able to get a Standox paint spec that can be followed by a Standox distributor in the UK.
 If you want to post the code, I will try to track the formulation for you.

Best of luck.

Edited by Wychall - 04 Jun 12 at 19:36
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
chill60 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chill60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 12 at 11:06
thanks ... fixed!

plate on the drivers door step has long ago vanished ... but contacting standox in SA made it easy - they have just emailed me what it takes to make Arctic White  and Powder Blue ('86 style).

thanks

chris

west aust.
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 12 at 12:53
That'll be handy for getting the respray nicely matched (when it eventually gets done)

Now where can I get my Microbus bumpers restored? The rear has two nasty post dings thanks to previous owners who couldn't reverse...
Have I missed anything?
TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 12 at 14:07
Ian, you need to find a good metal worker in your area !!!  LOL

Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 12 at 15:25
I don't do sheet metalwork and bumper straightening is a whole other game to tin-bashing...I've got my man Dave just down the road but he's too good, hence he's always busy!

Edited by silverbullet - 06 Jun 12 at 15:26
Have I missed anything?
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 12 at 16:52
Still better than my bumpers Cry. A previous owner evidently thought he was being clever and replaced them with standard German blades. Luckily the end caps survived the "restoration". Now just have an imbalance in the depth of the top face. Good job that not many people can recognise an SA bumper!
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
 Post Reply Post Reply