The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Temporary Forums. > 80-90 refugee forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

80-90 down 24/09/12 8:30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 18:29
Also you could try putting

Directly into your browser address bar.
you will not get the website but it is the IP adress for the forum, you should get an error page for C panel 9Brown and blue colours)
skysurfin09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 18:45
 Right Nev, I've just been onto both of the other computers in the network here at Chez Pitt both have absolutely no trouble in getting onto the club forum page. What has gone wrong to this computer?  Banjaxxed Rob Thumbs Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 18:48
 Re the address Nev, all I get is an unable to connect on the usual plain white page.... Rob
nevill3 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 18:58
That's interesting info, are the other computers running XP too?
They are all using the same router/Virgin HUB?

The next thing to try is a system restore, and try to restore your computer to a time before the error happened and to a time before you started making any changes too.

Click start and run then type rstrui.exe

click restore my computer to an earlier time and select a time or date before the errors started occurring 

The computer will tell you that everything needs to be closed and that it will restart.

This is totally reversible, it only restores any changes to system files (programs etc) but NOTany documents you have created or saved so all your important files are safe. If it doesn't work you can just open system restore again and select the "Undo last restore" option.

Nev
nevill3 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 19:45
Hello, anybody there?
nevill3 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 20:47
I hope you get it fixed soon, I'll check back later. 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 21:02
Nev, I had to dash out, I'm going to do as you suggest and do a system restore, I'll report back. Thank you for your efforts so far mate. Regards Rob
nevill3 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 21:28
OK, thanks for getting back to let me know, I'll keep an eye out for an update.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 21:51
  Nev,   The system restore has done the trick mate. Thank you for your patience and the clarity of instruction.  There were moments there mate where I even thought that I knew what I was doing you clever person you. Thanks Rob  The beers will definitely be on me  Thumbs Up
nevill3 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 21:53
Yippee, I guess I will see you over at the other place now..

Nev
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 22:49
At last!
Eric would have sorted it straight away.....
nevill3 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 23:05
What by dribbling on it then claiming on his insurance for a new one
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123