The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Engine Shop Big bore WBX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubmaster77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Engine Shop Big bore WBX
    Posted: 03 Oct 12 at 20:40
Hi! 
Im thinking about engines as my little ends need looking at some time in the near future.
I did think about the default subaru conversion and am not against it, But this motor seems quite appealing.

http://www.theengineshop.info/acatalog/Big-Bore-Water-Cooled-Transporter-2200cc-Injection-025100031_2200.html

It would keep the van VW and be a good base for further tuning in the future, Im thinking Mega squirt/ LPG,
 Has any one fitted one, I have heard some horror stories about the company, Google The Engine Shop and see the VZI thread which appears next on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!! But.... i have worked in the motor industry for many years and know mistakes and unforseen problems can arise and the thread evens out with some good feedback after reading it all the way through.

Are there any other UK based guys who could build a similar engine for similar bucks?
Thanks in advance. Big smile
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 12 at 20:44
If you are thinking going MS then give Paul at vw speed shop a shout. Does full kit for a T3 for very sensible money. Iirc he uses DTA ecu. IMHO no matter how you package it, MS will always be a DIY solution , the result purely dependant on the 'manufacturer'
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 12 at 20:46
Originally posted by dubmaster77 dubmaster77 wrote:

Are there any other UK based guys who could build a similar engine for similar bucks?
Thanks in advance. Big smile

Try Marco the t.s.e on here...Marco Mansi.

http://www.marcomansiperformance.com/
dubmaster77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubmaster77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 12 at 21:10
@Elvis, Cheers! I was looking at there fuel injection kit and thats when i started thinking about warmed over WBX,s i need to get a decent lump in there first though as mine seems pretty tired!

@ SteveB Many thanks, i was wondering if it was the same Marco, i have seen his name pop up in a few threads, i will get in touch with him.
 Post Reply Post Reply