The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grr, AFN problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 12 at 19:17
How's the vac and breather pipes looking? Thy are shit for leaks...causes long term fuel trim faults, lambda faults, boost loss too......
lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 12 at 19:51
Originally posted by max and caddy max and caddy wrote:

Originally posted by lloydy lloydy wrote:

Might well do that when I replace my vac lines as looks like it been fitted by someone who was thinking of spaghetti. Plus it's all in fuel pipe? Is that right? I thought people used silicone.
Egr wise, blank at what end
blank at the manifold or the valve, makes no odds really but the valve will come off easier, if it runs fine and doesn't chuck a low flow code up then may as well loose the valve, vac pipe, and as much as poss of the system, I suspect if you lose the n18 it will sulk, my early 1z hasn't noticed it even gone yet! Later systems are a bit more fussy.

Leak off pipe is what vw used for all the vac plumbing...or silicone vac tube but I find it can snap or tear in two quite easy, fuel pipe is a bit big but lone as its all air tight will work...

cheers, I'll have a look at doing that. At the moment mine is made up of lots of short bits joined together, guess it's what he had hanging around.
16" syncro multivan
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 12 at 20:26
Most likely.....I got a big roll of vac pipe off eBay a bit ago, the vw braided stuff but its topran brand....seems ok so far...looks o.e. can't remember who it was from but cheap enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12