The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Florida eberspacher packed in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floridaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 13 at 21:26
Err that should be 2011 for the Lake Garda trip, here's a pic in Chamonix.

Chris

1990 LT31 Florida 2.4TD
JayT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 13 at 22:32
vans still running well although ive made a few mods  like the fixed toilet and shower, needed a bit of maintenance too but not as much as our T3 !!
your new one looks good, i can see why you bought another one there the best combo of VW and Westfalia you can get.

One question tho, whats with the weird bird sticker on the back Wink

Jay

Edited by JayT - 19 Feb 13 at 22:34
Working my way through the never ending list of life!
floridaboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floridaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 13 at 23:11
I've no idea, it came with the van. Is it still there? 
1990 LT31 Florida 2.4TD
JayT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 13 at 00:35
yep, for anyone who's remotely interested its a weird looking bird shouting MOIN ?
ive just finished fixing our eber, complete strip down replaced sensors, heating duct and fuel lines now works like a dream and is toasty hot Smile

Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 13 at 08:01
Originally posted by JayT JayT wrote:

ive just finished fixing our eber, complete strip down replaced sensors, heating duct and fuel lines now works like a dream and is toasty hot Smile

Where's you get the service parts from fella? What did you replace all together?

I'm guesing your eber is a d2L?

Back in the slow lane, yeah!
JayT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 13 at 11:35
Yes its a d2l Replaced the sensors, glowplug, cleaned out the burner chamber and used gasket maker(the right stuff) to reseal as you can't get the right gaskets anymore.
I had to fit it twice as the new flame sensor from farnell blew straight away, so I refitted the old one.
I did have a strange problem this weekend while we were away tho, drove to Buxton (about 40 miles) parked up and turned on the eber, all works fine for about five minutes then it shut down ? So I got underneath the van to check the fuel lines as my voltage gauge was showing that the glowplug was firing but I couldn't hear the pump.
No fuel pumping when switched on, so I thought hmmm is there a fuel airlock . Undid the main fuel tank cap and whoosh the air sucked in.
Tried the eber and lo and behold fuel pumping all ok and working fine.
Anyone ever had that happen. ?
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 13 at 13:17
+1 on the service parts supplier chap!

T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
ringonotts View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringonotts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 13 at 13:47
Perhaps that is why you are recommended to fit the fuel supply to the return line?

Mine is connected to the return line and I've never encountered that issue.

Ringo
Huge big LT Florida - its slow but its a Westie!
JayT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 13 at 15:37
Thing is its the standard fitment by westfalia so it should be right really.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234