The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dodgy Van?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fawkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dodgy Van?
    Posted: 26 Jan 13 at 15:34
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/1981-vw-T3-westfalia-campervan/1007951039#gallery-item-full-1

Saw this chap on Gumtree and thought it was too good to be true, upon further investigation it probably is.

Westfalia /w little rust for £3k?
No Telephone No.
And the reg is for a yellow LT Panel van petrol.

Seems a bit odd to me, maybe it's somebody's stolen van on here? 
Or just a massive coincidence LOL
DieselDan View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DieselDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 13 at 12:47
Ask him where/when it can be viewed....more than likely he'll be on holiday/working away etc,and tell you to pay into some escrow account with a vehicle delivery firm who'll bring it to you,"I won't get paid until you're happy with the vehicle etc"...total scam,I've deliberately strung a few of these a*seholes along myself,and you won't believe how hysterical/menacing  they get,because you're "wasting their time"
And if you don't believe people will fall it,you'd be surprised:a builder 3 doors from me sent £8.5k to a scammer for a Nissan d/cab,and was totally convinced,even months later,that the truck would eventually arrive....Clown
 Post Reply Post Reply