The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wiring help needed please lt28 2.0l

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pslot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wiring help needed please lt28 2.0l
    Posted: 25 Mar 13 at 11:32
hi guys, i recently brought me a project,1979 lt28 hitop, been stood for best part of 10 years... because having spare time and cash is sooo over rated LOL
anyway started stripping it out getting rid of all the contents as it was soaking wet, well this week end thought i would try and fire the old girl up for the first time, ummm no spark, on further investigation theres a bodge job alarm and immobiliser with half the wires missing, so i have removed a ton of wiring but now need a diagram to check its all correct, i have lots of loose wires,
i also need a diagram of the engine wire loom as the wires from the coil ar not connected to anything , hence the no spark im thinking, and just to top it off, its been gas converted so theres a load of extra relays and switches,,, i would like to put it all back to stanard and get it running on petrol then maybe look at getting the gas set up again
any help please guys
Dreamcatcher View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 13 at 23:15
Hi and welcome.
You should find all that you want in the links under tech manuals at the head of this page.
Failing that, the Haynes manual has all the wiring diagrams in it.
Thumbs Up
Dave 1991 LT31 Camper
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 13 at 20:41
Got gas on my old bus which is the same age, and has gas.
Happy to go through the wiring with you but not till the weekend.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

pslot View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pslot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 13 at 15:28
Please mate it's driving me mad. Weekends are good for me. Not in a mega rush just want to get it going before I ploughe a ton of time and money in to it doing the bodywork and interior. My number XXXXXXXXX give me a call when you get a min and we can arrange something. Cheers bud

Edited by AndyT - 29 Mar 13 at 18:20
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 13 at 18:20
Ok, scanned the relevant page of the Haynes Manual and added the colour codes etc.
Uploaded it to the Electrical section of Technical Manuals - Coil Wiring.jpg.

For the gas side you need to find a wiring diagram/manufacturer info before you start.

There should also be a wire from the solenoid on the tank via a switch to the +/15 side of the coil, so that it only opens when the coil is powered/ignition on.
Don't know what other wires you might have removed but that's the important one for now.

Don't call mobiles cos it's expensive but I'll txt you shortly with my number.
I'll edit your post to blank the number, not wise on an open forum mate.

Hope this helps

Andy
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Post Reply Post Reply