The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT2 and sprinter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New LT35 158 Camper Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redsurfbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 13 at 21:51
Spent today wiring the Dildo up. Got backache now after too much bending over with the Dildo.
Luckily finished the area off so no more of this daft talk.
www.redsurfbus.com
Powered by Hot Sails Maui, Exocet Boards, Black Project Fins and Chinook parts.
redsurfbus View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redsurfbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 13 at 21:26
Nearly there, pictures here of the kit area, bed and finished Dildo worktop.
http://www.redsurfbus.com/2013/08/camper-van-and-windsurf-van-conversion.html

Also sealed round the edge of the Dildo, trimmed between the bed and the Dildo, and used the Dildo to make my first coffee.....couldnt resist
www.redsurfbus.com
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redsurfbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 13 at 22:22
Well.....its finished. here are the pictures. Racking still needs some work but thats a quick job as I now know how its going to work best. Pictures of it loaded with kit, currently holding 3 boards and booms, 4 sails and masts, with room for loads more sails but no rack to hold them as yet. http://www.redsurfbus.com/2013/08/windsurf-van-and-camper-van-self.html
www.redsurfbus.com
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 13 at 01:35
Finished? Self built campers are never truly finished! But looking good - hope you have a good time in it.
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
volition82 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote volition82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 13 at 11:40
All finished and looking good Thumbs Up  You certainly didn't hang about and finished it very quickly.  Puts my 2 years to shame LOL

You mentioned looking for something to go on the bottom of the overhead cupboard which is above the hob.  I used 2-3mm aluminium sheet.  It's light, easy to work with (well for metal), cheap and reflects the heat.  My cupboards are a lot closer to the hob than yours and it's worked well and after two years the finish is still good as well.
1989 LT35 - 2.4 Lpg/Petrol - Converted To Camper
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redsurfbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 13 at 16:51
Mat I agree, there are plenty of ideas I will do over time, by finished I mean the major conversion is done. There are a couple of tweaks to perfect it all for now, I need to make a stay for the smaller removable bed part to secure it as a backrest for the other bit that drops down as a seat. And most importantly I must sort out the racking for the windsurfing kit......thats a job for a week on monday after a week camping.

Volition, I was going to do exactly that, its how I did my Dildo in the old van but here I think the stove is easily far enough away from the cupboard, I just finished the bottom of it with bbq paint so it is heat resistant. Like the table the finish isnt perfect, but I have ideas for the table already with some fibreglass and a picture to laminate on there.

It was a hard 10 days work from 8 to 8 and a few half days.
www.redsurfbus.com