The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Other VW > Caddy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2001 Caddy Questions from Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aberzins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2001 Caddy Questions from Canada
    Posted: 20 Nov 13 at 14:57
Hello,

I live on the EastCoast of Canada and am looking to buy this 2001 Caddy that was imported from Finland that is being sold sort of  locally. My intent is to use it as a daily driver and maybe do some minor mods engine and suspension -wise.

I am familiar with the mk1- mk3 diesel VW found in North America and am currently driving a mk1 jetta  build is here http://www.vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php?topic=32936.0

the caddy ad is here:

My intent is to drop in a tdi, but I'm concerned about parts availability here in the former colonies - lol.

Would really appreciate some help in answering the below:

1. What model VW is the chassis and running gear based on? It has been suggested that mk3 VW is the same?  Although model year -wise, (2001) it would mean Mk4 Vw here Canada. Just trying to find some parts interchangeability here in Canada vs having to source parts via the UK?

2. Would a TDI fit in or could I put in a IDI diesel - like a 1.6td or a 1.9 aaz?

3. Are there any inherent issues I need to be aware of - that are specific to this model?

Finally, I'd appreciate any help\advise that could be provided?

Cheers!

Aivars Berzins

guz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 13 at 19:16
polo saloon iirc, I don't do modern stuff (mine's an '87 1.6 petrol)

all the dervs lumps go in I guess

have you found http://www.vwcaddy.com/forum.php yet ?
location/moby number removed.
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 13 at 23:21
How did that get into Canada? Not supposed to be able to import anything less than 15 years old.
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
 Post Reply Post Reply