The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The SLOOOOWWW transformation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 15 at 01:31

Turbo and intake manifold are installed. Going to leave the air cleaner and put an inline filter somewhere in the front as we are running out of space for hoses. Also going to put in an electric fan which I suspect won't come on much at all with the bigger LT rad.

94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 15 at 09:41
Great work Mike,but don't take for granted the cooling side of things i had a 2.8 Nissan conversion back in the nineties and had continuous o /heating problems    even after fitting a fan. Every thing and anything was checked out and i only think it lasted as long as it did as was a steel head. The problem i think was air flow directed /not directed around the engine .
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 15 at 13:12
Originally posted by lorryloader lorryloader wrote:

Great work Mike,but don't take for granted the cooling side of things i had a 2.8 Nissan conversion back in the nineties and had continuous o /heating problems    even after fitting a fan. Every thing and anything was checked out and i only think it lasted as long as it did as was a steel head. The problem i think was air flow directed /not directed around the engine .

I'm not taking it for granted but given the greater efficiency of the the TDI, I figured the fan would be used less. I have to go electric anyhow.
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 15 at 10:15
Yes Mike you certainly know your stuff looking at what you are doing were all impressed. I think from my understanding and in my case the nissan engine was sitting upright not at an angle like the original lt lump and thus the original cowling tunnel was not fitted so possibly this had a lot to do with it.
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
Uberhare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 15 at 02:00
Just need a pump pulley and we can try to start it....

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 15 at 14:36
Oddly enough, I don't know the installations details that well. Uberhare know all that stuff. That said, a lot of this is going on a wing and a prayer. Brackets are ad hoc and even the idea of using the quattro box to house electric motors is novel. I wouldn't be surprised if some thing need to be done twice, hahaBig smile

94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 15 at 15:04

Rotted out drivers seat support. The whole thing will have to be cut out
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 15 at 15:05

New clutch reservoir from a motorbike
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 15 at 16:07
All good progressThumbs Up
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 15 at 00:20
Tomorrow we'll see if she LIVES, whoaaaaaaaaaBig smile

Got new timing belt kit so at least that won't break, haha
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Uberhare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 15 at 20:28
She huffed and puffed but gave us no love.  
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 15 at 20:52
Cry but it is only 3.30pm loads of time. Wink
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 15 at 23:22
We are not sure why. Perhaps we have the wrong Landy pump.
I don't know if anyone on here knows which one to use on an ALH

94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Uberhare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 15 at 01:04
He's dead Jim.....

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 15 at 22:17
but, but, but.....Cry

94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345