The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT2 and sprinter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

06 lt35 2.5 temperature sensor.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bendavies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 06 lt35 2.5 temperature sensor.
    Posted: 12 Apr 16 at 00:59
Ever since I have owned my 2006 LT 2.5 van ,the temperature gauge only seems to start registering on a trip on a warm day----when it kicks in,it works as per normal. It never moves in winter or short trips. Have replaced one obvious coolant sensor but made no difference---any ideas?
BEN
tellytubby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tellytubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 16 at 20:23
Check the vacuum line going to the coolant vacuum valve.  This runs from a unit near the passenger headlight down to the valve in the lower coolant hose.  This was off on my van with similar symptoms. 

Did you change the 4 pin sensor? The 2 pin one is just a switch for the auxiliary coolant pump.

TT
Bendavies View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bendavies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 16 at 22:33
No ,just the two pin. Will carry out your suggestion. Had one of the old 2.4 turbo 6 cylinder LTs for 10 years prior to this one and I was spoilt by it's simplicity! Thanks for the advice.
BEN
 Post Reply Post Reply