The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > The Coachbuilt forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My new T3 cheetah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davecrook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new T3 cheetah
    Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 21:08
Always wanted one of them and always admired them from a far. But having a little lad and wanting family holidays it seemed to make sense over the beetle. So beetle went and I went and bought this..
Also lowered it today with a fair bit of help

Davecrook1 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davecrook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 21:18
It's in need of a bit of tlc. Wood work is slightly damaged and seats missing buttons..
So..
I fitted a new led strip for the awning and summer evenings as the old one was broken.

I also got my good old dad to fix the bunk steps as they were uneven and lose.. So he fixed the steps glued them and painted them

So mom got involved with her ocd type cleaning and the love of bleach and started to strip everything and clean it.. Starting with the bunk

The homemade sink cover was covered in a green wood effect vinyl, and stood out a mile.. I tried to find a decent light oak effect vinyl and went at it, stripping all the old crud off and cutting the worktop to fit level..

At the moment some of the cupboards have been removed as they have been broken and lose and battered. Dad is useful at the wood work so I've left it to him to fix. So more updates to come
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 22:10
Tidy! Nice van
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davecrook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 22:15
Originally posted by jason k jason k wrote:

Tidy! Nice van

Cheers dude
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 23:35
Nice van!

What is it about these things, they are so desirable.
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davecrook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 16 at 09:01
Don't know. I think it's the limited numbers and the fact that they are actually really quite spacious inside.. But I love the stumpy look. They are so tall yet not very long at all
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 16 at 09:12
I had a cheetah many years ago! Utter pain in the arse to work on the motor!! Good camping layout tho
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 16 at 09:21
Originally posted by Davecrook1 Davecrook1 wrote:

and seats missing buttons..

all the buttons missing or just some?
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davecrook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 16 at 10:25
All unfortunately. Must be about 6 per cushion. Immature I spotted that a similar fabric is still made so was going to get some to stitch back into the cushion.
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davecrook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 16 at 10:26
Yeah.. Can't wait to work on the engine.. Not.. It'll be a fiddle but im sure I'll work around it
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 16 at 14:11
buttons in matching material, 14 door side, 16 toilet side, 9 under back window and 3 in the back centre base
obviously the back of the seats are never seen so do not need matching buttons unless you are ocd 

if you still have the head cushions fitted to the toilet wall/entry door wall then one of these could be sacrificed (totally or strip and halve the thickness of the foam to free up material) to provide the material to cover new buttons
or
how much material is pulled around the back of the rear wall cushion varies van to van, you need to check yours, you might be lucky and have plenty to do the buttons
or
if you are good with a sewing machine then take a piece of material from the underneath of the overcab mattress cover and replace it with plain material, nobody sees under the mattress Wink

blank buttons and correct length twine are readily available

working on the engine can be a pain but you dont really do a lot unless its a bag of nails Big smile

Edited by busbuddy - 12 Jun 16 at 14:16
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davecrook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 16 at 22:26
Cheers busbuddy.. Much appreciated. I didn't think of stealing some fabric to cover the buttons
Kai View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 18 at 21:58
Looks very very nice. Much the same as mine :)

Has somebody poached you cupboard door underneath the sink? If you have a boiler fitted fit a mixer tap to the sink and get a huge roof light fitted. By far the best mod I’ve done to mine.
 Post Reply Post Reply