The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Useful threads.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clumsy-cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help please
    Posted: 04 Aug 17 at 09:54
We've just got our first T3 it's a1.6 diesel. It's had a recon engine put in buy the owner but is now not running. Was told injector pump failed and possible loss of compression. I've been told That I can just change the engine and I'm to look for ahu engine code that would just drop straight in. Or I can have it blown out and check for blockages.which means nothing to me to be truthful. But I want to learn. So my questions are as follows if I need a new engine why do I need to find an engine with that code? Is there anything I can do to fix the engine I have already, and what do I do to blow it out and check for blockages. Lol any help please
scrogins View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrogins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 17 at 18:51
Hiya
it would help if you ran through your start up procedure to us and the results you get at each stage, do you get ignition lights? does the curly wurly wire light come on, and and then go out for preheat, does the engine actually turn over, is there any smoke at any stage? does the fuel gauge read that you have fuel, you get the picture, everything can be fixed, its really just a question of whats gone wrong then addressing it, it could be as simple as an air leak in the fuel line where the fuel runs back into tank and refuses to come back, could be far more expensive, but we don't know any of this at this point, im down in Canterbury, how close are you? and how on earth can the magician who spun these tails of doom gloom and whooow possibly predict that it may have a loss of compression and or a dead pump if he cannot get it running? give us something to diagnose, paint us a picture of the failure and what you have tried? plus sack the magician who quite likely has a half dead AHU ouitback somewhere and may take your non starter with a silly fault in part exchange? or an I just getting a little cynical?
scrogins
 Post Reply Post Reply