The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel filler pipe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel filler pipe
    Posted: 03 Sep 17 at 19:59
1988 2.1 Caravelle

I'm leaking petrol from the steel pipe that goes from the flexi at the filler end to the fuel tank (runs behind the shock absorber). Can't seem to find them anywhere, anyone got any idea's? Is there a pattern or drawing to get one made from? 

Thought I found them here http://www.vw-t3-bus-shop.de/en/stainless-steel-tank-filler-pipe-powder-coated-unlock-vw-251201135f but he has none in stock for the foreseeable future.

Bodged up with leak filler, so it's all a bit shit at the moment.

Cheers 
jaber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 17 at 16:16
did you get this sorted? I am going to take mine off and try an fabricate one out of stainless, looks like they just pull out of the tank, is this correct?

Steve
take yer time there's a second prize
jimbob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 18 at 17:57
Just seen this, sorry! No, never did sort it, how did you get on?
jaber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 18 at 18:16
Took it out cleaned it up and painted it, it’s quite thick walled, might pay you to get it off and have a look at it, there’s a fair chance if you have a hole it’s possible to weld it up

Steve

I will at some point fabricate one bit tooooooo busy just now
jimbob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 18 at 07:39
Mine's already been repaired, need to fabricate a new one. 
jaber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 18 at 21:12
Do you have any local small exhaust manufactures or fabrication shops that could be an option?

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply