The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetroot2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT review
    Posted: 26 May 18 at 10:06
Morning peeps. Saw this and thought it might interest you. Looks like turbo and non turbo engines are built from the same components. Shall I dare dream of speeds of 65mph?

http://archive.commercialmotor.com/article/26th-february-1983/24/vw-meets-the-six-cylinder-engine-demanc
Monster LT View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 18 at 14:56
I like this bit best ... "Noticed an error?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it so we can fix it."
Big smile
LT45-TD-ACL-intercooler-4x4-1993
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 18 at 21:39
When i read this article i get the impression that the 6 syl diesel engine is New. The I6 was introduced in 78 as a N/A Diesel only. in 83 they mounted them With a 27 1/2 lean to the right. And introdused Turbo Diesel and Petrol wersions.
The other thing i was wondering, was the LT produced in Salzgitter? I have never heard of any thing else than Hannover.

AFAIK The only difference betve a NA and a turbo diesel are the nozzels spraying oil on the underside of the pistons on the turbo engines.
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
 Post Reply Post Reply