The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Pressure Sender question - VW T4 1991

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisewoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Pressure Sender question - VW T4 1991
    Posted: 19 Feb 19 at 14:30
Hi there,

I had a leaky lower oil pressure switch so i just got it replaced. It's the lower (as in location) one just above the oil filter. I have a 1.9D 1X Engine.

My question - prior to the change when turning the ignition on and before starting the engine (due to waiting for diesel glowplug light to go out) the oil light would continually flash and then turn off immediately the engine was started. - I understand that this is normal behaviour.

Since the switch change, the oil light only comes on very briefly and then goes out, *before* I have started the engine. My question is - is the dashboard oil light pattern reliant on the type of sender, in which case , I may just have a different sort and this is nothing to worry about, or is there possibly another issue here like a bad earth or even a faulty, new, oil sender?

I'm just paranoid that the warning system may not be working correctly now and I am trying to look for clues as to where to start first!

Many thanks,

Melissa

danstervan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 19 at 10:00
That oil pressure warning light symptom doesn't sound correct.
There are many different types of VW oil switches and people often seem to get supplied with the incorrect type.
Can you manage to get the numbers off the old switch and also the part number for the new one to hand?

Edited by danstervan - 20 Feb 19 at 10:01
wisewoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisewoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 19 at 12:54
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I have the mechanic coming out again tomorrow so hopefully we will get to the bottom of it! I'm hoping he may still have the old one he took off and then we can at least confirm that the one he put on, is supposed to be the correct one. If we can rule that out then we can start looking elsewhere!

Cheers,
Melissa

Post Reply Post Reply