The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help please T4 smoking and spluttery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedW24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help please T4 smoking and spluttery
    Posted: 27 Jun 19 at 13:45
Hi guys
I’m new and this is my first post, my lovely T4 is blowing out white smoke on start up and whilst driving, took it to the garage as it was spluttery and sluggish when driving they fixed a lot oil leak, fuel leak and change the timing belt as the timing was wrong and was fine when we picked it up, but then a few days later started blowing smoke out again and engine seems spluttery. Has had full oil filter change injectors took out and tested and cleaned they cane back fine. Taking it back tomorrow any ideas I can put to him to check for? I have read about the glow plugs being changed as this can lead to it being smoking but also I had to hit starter motor this morning to get it to start
ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 19 at 08:51
1.9? 

Check the bottom pulley. they work loose and damage the crack which results in the timing moving out and eventual failure. 
 Post Reply Post Reply