The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Serious brake issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serious brake issue
    Posted: 07 Jun 20 at 09:17
Hi all, any advice would be appreciated,

I have a 2014 vw crafter cr35 lwb 2.0l tdi, ive spent over 2k on converting it to a camper, during lockdown.
The probleem I have, is, it has been sat for a couple of months, I went out the other week, started it, and noticed a hissing sound coming from near the break pedal.
I drained the brake fluid, replaced the servo and master cylinder with used unit, still the same hissing, ive checked the servo to vacuum hose, all is fine, ive checked the one way valve on the vacuum hose and that is working fine. I have just purchased and fitted a brand new vacuum pump and seal, but still the hissing continues. I have bled the master cylinder, but when I connect the vacuum bleeder, to bleed the brakes, all I get is air, so it's impossible to bleed the brakes, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. CryConfusedAngry
 Post Reply Post Reply