The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is the fuse kept for the fridge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renaruby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is the fuse kept for the fridge
    Posted: 08 Aug 20 at 07:37
Hi, 
Where would the fuse for the fridge be located in a T3 Westafalia California. 
I found the fuses under the dashboard on drivers side: however, the fridge fuse wasn’t there. 
I haven’t opened up the engine yet, I wasn’t sure if it would be near the battery or with the leisure battery? 
Does anybody know? 
Thanks, 

KrisG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 20 at 08:51
Look at the post behind the driverseat.

Regards,
Kris
Renaruby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renaruby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 20 at 10:19
so sorry for the late reply, didn’t have good service for a while. Just picked up my emails now. 

Thank you - I found the fuses. Behind the drivers seat. The fuse appears to be ok, so I’m thinking it could be the fridge. 

It’s worked brilliantly in the ten years I’ve had the van. So I’m suspecting it’s packed up. I will bring a cool box for the rest of the campervan jollies and get it checked by my garage in September. 

Such a shame, not sure how much it is to replace but I can imagine it’s around £800-900? 

Thanks again Smile

KrisG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 20 at 11:16
Is it the original one in a westfalia interior ?
In that case it's almost unbreakable. 
Try it on different sources, if it cools on one of them it's repairable.

230V and 12V are only heaters, nothing complicated.
on Gas it can be dirty and some parts can be burnt, but nothing that van't be repaired.

Get it out of your van, and start testing and measuring with a simple multimeter.

Regards,
Kris
Renaruby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renaruby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 20 at 09:58
Hi again and thanks for your reply. 
It’s the original fridge I’m the Westfalia interior 

It doesn’t seem to work in the gas, I’m going to put it in battery when driving home. 

It’s soon to visit the garage who work on the van all the time. So I will ask them. Thanks again SmileBig smile
KrisG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 20 at 18:58
Don't believe them if they say it's lost.
All parts are still available.

Regards,
Kris
912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 20 at 20:50
I have some fridge spares 
 Post Reply Post Reply