The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 coolant system issue maybe!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bazza1878 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 coolant system issue maybe!!!
    Posted: 31 Aug 20 at 22:00
Hi everybody, been reading some great info across this site by now sadly I seem to have a cooling issue or maybe not!!! So was hoping somebody with knowledge may have some ideas
I noticed over the last couple of weeks that the cooling fan was running full tilt after engine off which I’ve never noticed before, then on one occasion the over temp light came on but only for a few seconds then turned off??
My van has no temp gauge but I am using a OBD11 dongle reading to head unit this shows temps consistently over 110degrees!!! I have used an IR thermometer on all hoses rad etc and this shows temps of less than 70degrees??? I can only assume they are low as the fan is running even during normal driving, these are only assumptions I am making and may sound like nonsense to a mechanic.  But basically my fan is running and gauge showing over temp but temp seems ok. Anybody any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Post Reply Post Reply