The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immobiliser / Alarm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mototavi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Immobiliser / Alarm
    Posted: 07 Sep 20 at 08:00
Hi All, I recently acquired a 1992, 2.5i South African bus.   This is about the sixth type 3 bus I have owned over many years ( but I am no mechanic ! ) and it has quite a few differences from the German built ones I got used to. 

I recently had the immobiliser / alarm stuck on  ( battery disconnected, recovery truck to home )

Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram ?   I have a car alarm guy coming out to investigate it later in the week and figure that any extra info will be a help. 

The alarm type has a small key into the steering column shroud, and two warning light / symbols on top right hand of dash. 

Apart from all this, it is a great bus to drive, it's in a higher league than any of the German built ones I have owned.  
                Thanks, Coolhopefully
1992 2.5i SA T3
Beetlecrusher View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetlecrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 20 at 22:57
Hi there. I have a 2002 South African T3. Unfortunately, I do not have any wiring diagram`s but I have the original SA handbook and that has a section on the alarm/immobiliser system. It covers two systems, the single and two button remotes where the remote plugs in to a socket on the right hand side of the steering column. If it`s any help, I could scan the relevant pages and email them to you. It`s not brilliant but may be useful to you. Try this South African Facebook group, called "Buslovers Microbus and Caravelle Spares and Advice" which could also be helpful. I`m not a fan of the alarm/immobiliser system on the van and have considered getting it removed completely but it`s finding the right person to do it. Best of luck with your bus. I hope you get it sorted out and I`d be interested in how you resolve it.  
2002 2.6 South African T XXV
What! Me Worry ?
mototavi View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mototavi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 20 at 22:50
Hi there and thanks very much for the response, and yes I would appreciate a scan of the handbook - will PM you contact details.
My bus got a recovery vehicle home after the immobiliser and alarm jammed on.  They recommended an auto electrician based in Bude who came a couple of days later. He knew his way around the vehicle and in a very short time had located the alarm / immobiliser system and disconnected it.  I was impressed and asked this guy how he was so comfortable working on an old, scarce vehicle.  He confessed, rather gloomily, that he had just sold his T3 Syncro !   
1992 2.5i SA T3
 Post Reply Post Reply