The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help please (relay position)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alxjsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help please (relay position)
    Posted: 05 May 13 at 12:00
Ok I will start with I made a balls up...

The other half's van has started with the dreaded blinking light issue, so I did a bit of research on the matter and started trouble shooting (as she stole my landrover and left the van this morning, didnt really have a choice)

However, Ive just finished 60hr night shift and not really awake....so...... I pulled relay 42...... and forgot where I pulled it out from...

Been hunting for pics of the relay/fuse box but no joy, does any body have one please, pretty please. Bit disheartened with the van at the moment cause it has been one issue after another lately
Cheers in advance

Alex  
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 13 at 12:42
Need to know what vehicle you have matey.

IF we are talking post 1991 big window then relay 42 is in slot 5 which is top row, 5th from left.
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
alxjsy View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alxjsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 13 at 13:36
Thanks,

Trouble shooting fixes have still not solved the issue..Cry

TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 13 at 09:34
Are you referring to the water temp gauge blinking ?  The problem is most likely to be  the gauge NOT the rest of the circuit. My brother ( RHGbristol on here ) rebuilds the gauges. Contact him he'll probably do you an exchange.

PS. All T3s have 1 issue after another,I've corrected 1 bodge after another on my 2.5 even after previous owners thought they had a "well sorted" bus !!! But I do 1000s miles around Germany ever year and mine has never broke down !!!  :)) Plus nearly 500miles range on LPG is a BIG bonus !!! Wink

PPS. If you haven't had them off Brian yet I can send you a printed copy of the 2.5 wiring diagrams ?

Edited by TransPorscher - 25 Sep 13 at 09:41
Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 13 at 12:26
I need to contact your Bruv Charlie. I fitted the rev counter out of Nev's scrapper and now have the flashing temp light. Fully checked the circuit sheet that came with the rev counter but no joy so it must be the gauge. Different to my previous clock one so replacement required.
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
 Post Reply Post Reply