The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Late Summer Meet Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 14 at 21:10
Hi all

Great response - 17 vans across us and FB! All LT1's :) And that's before you two Russell & Stuart...

Heyford Leys near Bicester has come back with the best offer for our group. Their knock down rate is £12.50 per night ALL IN. So that's as many people as you can cram in the van & leccy (for the first 10 vans) for £12.50 per night. I don't think we'll get better than that... I'll DM each of you who've shown interest and badger you for a 50% deposit. 

Anyone else? :) 

Cool. Now where's me ukulele!
-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 06:47
Originally posted by timaldiss timaldiss wrote:

Cool. Now where's me ukulele!

I will need a bigger van...http://vimeo.com/39320482

Better get to work then,...
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 09:40
I might just bring the cat Chris https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYXH_lll7W8
-------
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 10:30
Absolutely flippin mint.LOL
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 14 at 09:24
Hi all
We now have 12 vans booked in to Heyford Leys for the weekend of the 26th & 27th September. That's their capacity. If anyone else is still interested in meeting up could you let me know. If we need more space I'm happy to look for an alternative spot nearby and renegotiate.
Nice one all. Looking forward to it.
Tim
-------
timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 14 at 12:13
Good news - they can fit more of us in if we don't mind parking in unmarked spots. When did that every bother us lot! 

So... still waiting the deposit from this lot: mat_the_cat, Jeevesraf & HanoverHeritage

And in other news... Volkswagen Camper & Commercial are happy to feature a write up on our ramshackle group! They said that they'll take up to 700 words and 25 photos! Best get the T cut out! But almost more importantly they've offered a years subscription to the magazine as a prize :) :) ...now what could we give that away for?! Highest/lowest mileage maybe?

Tim

-------
Cool Box View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cool Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 14 at 14:48
Prize for the most canoe racks maybe?

Or the highest roof?
1991 Florida.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 14 at 17:29
Originally posted by timaldiss timaldiss wrote:

...now what could we give that away for?!

.....most incomplete...... or should that be least complete.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Sablepoot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sablepoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 14 at 21:26
Think our lovely 'Ethel' needs more than a bit of T-cut.... But I'll give her a bath, that will help, and soft focus photos !!
Jeevesraf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeevesraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 14 at 10:24
Apologies folks, Looks like I'll be on a work trip the week before and i'll be back in the country on the 27th, so will miss this meet.

I'll keep an eye out for the next one tho, hopefully there will be a next time!
1986 LT45 TD Camper
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 14 at 00:16
As I said earlier, I can't commit for certain yet Cry It would definitely only be the Saturday night regardless, as the wedding is on the Friday. It looks likely that we'll be bringing the van down though, so even if we don't stop over we can hopefully swing by on the Sunday.

On the other hand, it would break up the journey back nicely...so a definite maybe still! Give me a prod if you need a firm answer/cash by a certain point.
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 14 at 22:23
Originally posted by mat_the_cat mat_the_cat wrote:

Give me a prod if you need a firm answer/cash by a certain point.

Well the site is booked and we've got every pitch, but Kevin from Heyford Leys reckons there's room for 10 more vans if we don't mind squeezing in a bit! So that means those who aren't sure can leave it as a last minute decision and simply pay for their stay when they arrive which is well cool of him :)

Besides you'll miss out on the free merch that VW Heritage and VW Camper & Commercial magazine are sending us ;)
-------
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 14 at 00:35
Ooh, free stuff! Hmmm...

Good that last minuters can come, but I'll try and give you an answer + payment beforehand.
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
snappa View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 14 at 12:42
Sounds great, looking forward to it !
91 LT31 2.4 LWB Devon bus 13,000 mls,   85 LT31 2.4, LWB Camper conversion.           88 BX GTI 34,000
snappa View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 14 at 12:49
Please count us in [ Russell & Yvonne ] let me know what you need , thanks Tim.
91 LT31 2.4 LWB Devon bus 13,000 mls,   85 LT31 2.4, LWB Camper conversion.           88 BX GTI 34,000
Cool Box View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cool Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 14 at 19:39
Another Russell, what are the chances of that?

I don't meet many/any.

Russell
1991 Florida.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 14 at 20:29
Three if you want to count my middle name ..Hug

VW LT Camper not Cramper

icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 14 at 12:44
I'll think about it, it depends what I've got on work-wise in September :)
Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!

- 2000 MK4 Golf GT TDi
- 1994 LT Panel Van
- 1997 LT Minibus
- 1984 Volvo/VanHool Alizee
Cool Box View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cool Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 14 at 17:23
We've unexpectedly decided to move house, so I'm hoping this won't interfere with the weekend away as we are both looking forward to it.
1991 Florida.
Dreamcatcher View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 14 at 00:15
Hi
If this event is going ahead, we would like to join you all.
Can someone pm me with the details .
Cheers
Dave 1991 LT31 Camper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>