Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT2 and sprinter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT 35 Sliding Door Lock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT 35 Sliding Door Lock
    Posted: 24 Mar 15 at 12:12
Anyone know how the sliding door cable works / where it connects on an LT35 ? 

Got a security lock that i need to bypass. It's great for security, but means I could easily lock myself out of van when parked up camping. 

Got the genuine cable to connect up. 

Plus I want to get a central locking kit fitted as well. 
Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 15 at 20:29
For anyone on the search...this turned out to be relatively easy. 

Undo the 3 bolts on  the mech at the back of the sliding door and pull out, undo the 2 bolts behind the sliding door handle and remove, and then undo the last bolt that is staring you in the face at that level. 

With everything dropped out, take cable glands out at both ends and then as they say in the manuals 'fitting is a reversal of removal'

The only difficult bit if you are on your god, is getting the 3 bolts back into the mech on the rear section, it's a bit of a juggling act but is possible. 
Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
wheresthatgonenow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheresthatgonenow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 15 at 22:17
thank you for posting that, will be useful as many of these vans that have these dead locks fitted,

i remember these fitted on a sprinter (same shape), at a place i del to, the driver was in the cargo area with his keys in his pocket, some joker shut the sliding door for a larf, but, the driver could not get out either through back doors or side sliding door, neither could we open the doors from out side, driver had to smash hole in the bulkhead which are made from wood on most sprinters as they did not come with bulkheads, and pass the keys to one of us in the cab which luckily he had not locked up
 Post Reply Post Reply