The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lt alloy wheels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lt alloy wheels
    Posted: 20 Jul 09 at 22:12
i`ve done a search to no avail.

what i`d like to know is how come you never see lt`s with alloy or even steel replacement wheels. my mate has a 87 lt35 and would like a different set of wheels for it but i`ve drawn a black on helping him out on this one.

sure i can remember seeing someone quote the pcd from a vw document but cant dig it up.

cheers lee.
GT500 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 09:23
I had a look on my etka, looks like 5 x 115.
MOst jap quick stuff and tvrs are 114.3 close! slight wobble bolt,spigot ring and they would be fine!
Its the weight that needs looking at. What load rating is the old steely?
I have a set of TVR spider 18s might give them a try!

Rob... The only LT on 18" wheels.
icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 13:03
i thought they were 5 x 140?!
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 13:27
Depends on what year the LT is by the looks of this thread.
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 13:31
5 x 140 sounds closer. 115 looks small. i guess the plot thickens. i wonder if the pcd changes through the years and different weights.

going to measure them friday.

cheers lee.
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 13:36
thats the post steve Thumbs Up.

cheers  lee
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 13:44

According to  http://www.carlsalter.com/wheel_fitments.html

Volkswagen LT 28, LT 31 5 x 160
Volkswagen LT 35 (before 1997) 6 x 205
Volkswagen LT 35 (after 1997 ) 5 x 130
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 15:04
Originally posted by Steve B Steve B wrote:

According to  http://www.carlsalter.com/wheel_fitments.html

Volkswagen LT 28, LT 31 5 x 160
Volkswagen LT 35 (before 1997) 6 x 205
Volkswagen LT 35 (after 1997 ) 5 x 130

just to make you aware and remove any confusion, the LT 35 figure is correct for pre '97 vans with the twin wheel set up (as per LT 40 & LT 45, heavier duty axle) but LT 35E (the 'E' denotes LT 35 single rear wheel variant) as mine is, has 5 x 160 PCD same as the LT 28 & LT 31, hope this helps.

P. S. the only thing I know that has the same 5 x 160 PCD is 2000 on transits tho' there obviously may be more, but this may help if you're still looking for alternative wheels, but I'm just running 215 x 14  8ply rated tyres on standard rims, this gives an increase in rolling diameter of just a gnats under 8%, which means you're doing 54 mph when you're speedo tells you 50 or 65 when it says 60, also means if you were getting 25 mpg as I am/was you're now getting 27 mpg Big smile Big smile
                                                cheers, Jack. 

Edited by BeJay - 21 Jul 09 at 15:26
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 15:15

Cheers BeJay....it didn't mention anything about the twin wheel set-up.

So LT28's,LT31's and single rear axle LT35's have the same PCD as a Transit van and there are commercially rated alloys available for those.

BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 15:27
Steve, I've edited my post to add more info they may find useful, and the 8% increase is over standard 185 x 14 tyres.

Edited by BeJay - 21 Jul 09 at 15:36
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
petergeeky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petergeeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 17:35
Originally posted by BeJay BeJay wrote:

Steve, I've edited my post to add more info they may find useful, and the 8% increase is over standard 185 x 14 tyres.

Hi, I think it depends on the year and model - I have a brochure for the 1989 models which state LT28 panel vans have 185R 14C, and LT35 Panel/High Top vans 205R 14C tyres.

Rgds
Peter.
caveman_dick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caveman_dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 17:47
These look really nice! Then I realised that they are £399 each! without tyres! http://tyremen.myshopify.com/products/16-cms-cv1-ford

I think i'll stick with my steelies for the mo! Smile
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caveman_dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 17:55
Originally posted by BeJay BeJay wrote:

[QUOTE=Steve B]

P. S. the only thing I know that has the same 5 x 160 PCD is 2000 on transits tho' there obviously may be more, but this may help if you're still looking for alternative wheels, but I'm just running 215 x 14  8ply rated tyres on standard rims, this gives an increase in rolling diameter of just a gnats under 8%, which means you're doing 54 mph when you're speedo tells you 50 or 65 when it says 60, also means if you were getting 25 mpg as I am/was you're now getting 27 mpg Big smile Big smile
                                                cheers, Jack. 

And actually doing 65 miles when your speedo says you have done 60!! Good for the limited mileage on the insurance! Wink
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 17:59
i wouldnt be using wobble bolts on a lt or anything else for that matter.

nasty bodge!!!
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 20:45
well according to my maths my pals lt35 " 1987 " has 5 x 130 pcd, which unless i`m doing something wrong contradicts the info above.

EmbarrassedConfusedEmbarrassedConfusedEmbarrassedConfused

now i got a pcd of 5 x 260.

that sites calculations to find the pcd on a 5 bolt wheel differs to the info on the wiki

lee.

Edited by ..lee.. - 21 Jul 09 at 21:03
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 20:57
5 x 130 is porsche pcd too lee
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 21:03
yes jas but 5 x 260 aintLOL.
markpark View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markpark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 21:26
Originally posted by caveman_dick caveman_dick wrote:

These look really nice! Then I realised that they are £399 each! without tyres! http://tyremen.myshopify.com/products/16-cms-cv1-ford

It says £399 for a set of 4 actually.
DJ T3 homrbrew camper and 98 LT 2.5 TDI crew van
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caveman_dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 22:30
Originally posted by markpark markpark wrote:

Originally posted by caveman_dick caveman_dick wrote:

It says £399 for a set of 4 actually.

Doh oh yeah. Smile Maybe an option now, although I'd like to check first that they will definitely fit.
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 09 at 22:35
this guy seems to have sussed it.

nice looking van too. still cant seem to get a deffinate pcd for my mates. going to try a rear drum up against a porche wheel tomorrow although i`m not holing too much hope.

lee.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>