The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT COMING TO ME

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT COMING TO ME
    Posted: 23 Jan 10 at 21:04
sold my T3 16 syncro yesterday and looks like an LT is new play/work van. its a fire engine! its a 4x4 2.4 petrol(will be lpg) its a crew van with workspace in the back. has covered a massive 20800 miles from new. should be here from austria in a couple of weeks!SmileSmileSmile
t'onion View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t'onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 10 at 21:14
Thumbs Up Ian not thought about swapping the engine to a diesel ?

Lt's gotta love um Approve
LT28 Westfalia FloRida, 2.4 diesel

miserable fooker

icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 10 at 21:36

What year is it?! If it's a later / injection petrol engine, then with LPG I reckon that's the best possible engine combination to have!

Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!

- 2000 MK4 Golf GT TDi
- 1994 LT Panel Van
- 1997 LT Minibus
- 1984 Volvo/VanHool Alizee
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 10 at 23:45
love to see some pics. any plans for it.

lee.
mcgill5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 10 at 00:14
it missed the injection by 3-4 months! i think lpg will do for a while,thinking of using it as a tow vehicle and sell the VR6 24v velle i have which is lpg and have done 13000 miles in 5 months. if it tows well(which i'm sure it will) lpg will pay for itself in 6 months,will do as a basic camper and go off roading and make me money!!!! will consider other engine conversions if needs must. i have an LT 50 breakdown truck with the 24 td which pulls great and i am half owner of a karman lt 28 coachbuilt which is in great condition but has a knackered(second one fitted) perkins 2.7 diesel. i have a couple of complete 2.4 LTs out in the yard if i am stuck for an engine,also have a 2.5 TDI audi 100 but wish i had kept the old M.A.N 5.6 truck i had,heard that fits! will keep you posted as and when things happen! cheers mcgill
buz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 10 at 17:36
was that the one off mobile .de on for about 6000 euro ?. to be honest with a 4x4 if it ran on champagne i wouldnt care. I am currently hating you and all of your family back to the dark ages and i hope your c**k drops off LOL  
buz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 10 at 17:47
ps, i dont hate you that much that I wouldnt ride shotgun with you. I think you will be looking at around 20 to25 mpg max as it stands and i think about 60mph max but i dont think that whats really important is it .
buz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 10 at 17:56
pps. Ive got a 6.9 litre man 8.150 and have looked at the engine swap and as they say you have two hopes and one of thems bob ( never really understood that ). the later 4 cylinder turbo would fit but is about 200mm taller thanks to the sump ,plus with the transfer box you could be into alot of mods, i would just enjoy it as it is. hope this is good info, from your new best mate !!!!!!
mcgill5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 10 at 18:43
it is the one that was on mobile, waiting to see when the transport company are going to deliver it to zeebrugge, cheaper to transport it than to fly/drive home. 20-25 is a bit better than i thought but we will see in a couple of weeks. 60 is plenty for me,i drove trucks  at 56 for years and got around just fine. looking forward to getting it! cheers mcgill
canny bagga Tudor View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canny bagga Tudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 19:44
Where will you get the lpg conversion done, or will you be doing it yourself?

Tony
1993, LT31, 2.4 petrol (with a 1E engine), lwb, camper conversion project.
mcgill5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 23:33
i got my V6 velle done with steve at gasure,i will get a price from him but may look into a price for a kit and see if i can have it done here(friends are quite good at technical stuff) cheers mcgill
mcgill5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 10 at 09:07
spoke to guy about my LT yesterday,looks like it will arrive in scotland mon 15th feb!Tongue
mcgill5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 10 at 00:01
LT not getting picked up until monday now,be here 8 days from now!Cry
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 10 at 22:06
has it landed yet.
busaboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 10 at 22:16
You lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky b*****d!! Jealous doesn't even scrape the surface...........
If it ain't broke, Don't fix it!!! (I may live in Cornwall but I ain't no janner!!!)
mcgill5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 10 at 23:51
got a text on fri night at 5.54pm saying it was on the boat from zeebrugge to scotland,got myself all exited and went to the port on sat afternoon after 2pm as i was told,waited an hour on them unloading the freight after the passengers etc had left.... then a guy in a yellow coat came up to me and said that it was to be the last vehicle loaded onto the boat  which was leaving at 6 pm.. the battery was flat and they couldnt start/be bothered to tow/or jump start it! it is still there in belgium! phoned the freight manager who text me to say it was on the boat and he was raging they had told him it was on but f******g wasnt and he'd sort it! looking like tuesday afternoon now! cheers mcgill
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canny bagga Tudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 10 at 06:16
Bliddy frustrating for you! I'm sure it'll be worth the wait though!
mcgill5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 10 at 20:48
THE LT HAS LANDEDBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile  PICKED UP TODAY AT THE PORT AND DROVE HOME!!!Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile  not good with the pictures thing but i will try and do my best tomorrow! cheers mcgill
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canny bagga Tudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 10 at 09:11
Nice one!  Looking forward to seeing some pics! Big smile
mcbkat View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcbkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 10 at 09:20
Seen it on mobile.de, nice one!
Pics! Pics!

Stefan
De Vries LT45 4X4, De Vries LT40 4x4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>