The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT2 and sprinter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT2 Mean wheels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
redsurfbus View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redsurfbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT2 Mean wheels
    Posted: 28 Sep 13 at 23:24
New wheels and tyres fitted today, well chuffed is the emotion 

More info here 
www.redsurfbus.com
Powered by Hot Sails Maui, Exocet Boards, Black Project Fins and Chinook parts.
volition82 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote volition82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 13 at 18:07
Nice Thumbs Up  Good shine on the paint work as well.  You have done a top job with the van and haven't hung about either.

You planning on doing anything else like colour coded bumpers etc?
1989 LT35 - 2.4 Lpg/Petrol - Converted To Camper
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 13 at 18:37
ive been looking to put wheels on mine but its super heavy which is one concern, another is poke.

do they sit inside the arch?
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

redsurfbus View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redsurfbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 13 at 19:34
Yes, flush with the arch. Tiny rub on a right turn from the very edge of the tyre and the arch at the rear. Had to trim the lip off the bumper as well. Miles comfier ride and well worth it.

Load rating to 1150 on the wheels, tyres are 110. Price was amazing.....£108 per wheel, 112 per tyre. They are team dynamics rimfire HD, all the others avaliable had a lower load rating and were more expensive. The only ones I prefered were some OZ, quite angular looking things but they are nearly 200 per wheel and the load was less. They are 16in 225/75 all round, I think next time I may just go for 70's on the front though.

Potholes are a thing of the past with this rolling radius......rear wheel tramp on wet grass now does not happen, and the speedo reads spot on to 55/60, when it becomes about 1mph too slow. Before on 15in 225/75 van tyres with less tread (I reckon I have gained 2in in diameter in total) the speedo was showing 30 when I was doing 27-28.

Also the mileometer is reading 1 less over 15 miles apx.
www.redsurfbus.com