The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT35 Parts??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT35 Parts??
    Posted: 17 Aug 08 at 08:58
Hi, i have recently bought a VW LT35 Horsebox, it is 1982.  It is due its MOT in the middle of October and i think its gonna need a few things.....

The windscreen has a big chip in it and i think its too big for a repair and the handbrake seems to work when it wants to!!  LOL  I think the ratchet maybe gone on the lever!

Does anyone know of any breakers/salvage where i can get parts for this old girl, i know i can get the windscreen done by Autoglass or someone but i thought i could try saving some money if i can pick one up myself and then just get it fitted.

Ive been on the net looking for parts but i cant seem to find anything!!

Thanks for your help. Smile
dubman View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 08 at 10:36
you can get most parts from vw , look here http://www.vagcat.com/  you need to register to view but they do handbrake parts , not sure about the glass tho Smile
eltee View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eltee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 08 at 12:32
i can post a part number  and price, and availability from VW for the complete thing, or just the rachet and pawl ,
it will be tommorrow morning when im back at work,
Eltee
1993 2.4 Diesel VW LT35 LWB PAS self build camper
part of the "LT Massive"
1990 syncro part of the "off road massive"
CharlieLT35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 08 at 12:36
That would be really helpful mate, thanks very much, appreciated. Smile
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 08 at 15:44
Hi Charlie,

Chips in the windscreen are only relevant if they are in the drivers vision, don't know if this is the case.
Having taken my 30 year old handbrake apart recently (vertical rod snapped) there doesn't seem to be much to wear. It did however take a few goes to get it back together with the pawl in the right position.
The whole thing is held together by a circlip where the rod connects so is easy to take apart and check for wear, but be prepared to fiddle with the pawl.
Just wondering if someone has had a go before you bought the van and not put it back together properly.

Andy

Edited by AndyT - 17 Aug 08 at 16:37
CharlieLT35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 08 at 19:48
Originally posted by AndyT AndyT wrote:

Hi Charlie,

Chips in the windscreen are only relevant if they are in the drivers vision, don't know if this is the case.
Having taken my 30 year old handbrake apart recently (vertical rod snapped) there doesn't seem to be much to wear. It did however take a few goes to get it back together with the pawl in the right position.
The whole thing is held together by a circlip where the rod connects so is easy to take apart and check for wear, but be prepared to fiddle with the pawl.
Just wondering if someone has had a go before you bought the van and not put it back together properly.

Andy

Thanks for the advice mate.  The chip is not in the drivers view but it is quite big and i dont think i'l get away with a repair, time will tell i suppose!

Very possible with your idea of someone else taking the handbrake apart, didnt think of that. Will get out there and have a look this week.

Cheers Smile
eltee View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eltee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 08 at 07:43
Charlie the ratchet (9) is £4.73 and pawl (4) is £6.33, or the handbrake lever (3) is £40.71 i will check availability at 8.30am 

Eltee

Edited by eltee - 18 Aug 08 at 07:44
part of the "LT Massive"
eltee View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eltee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 08 at 09:47
charlie all parts are available from VW

eltee
part of the "LT Massive"
Paulos08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulos08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 19 at 15:47
Hi does anyone know if parts are still available for this lt35 handbrake?

I require a complete handbrake lever with spring and mechanism etc.

Thanks
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 19 at 15:52
Doubt if you can get one new, but it's pretty basic so can be made.
Do you have any of the parts, the rod to the bracket is a common failure for example.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Post Reply Post Reply