The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT50 Brake bleeding order?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildGoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT50 Brake bleeding order?
    Posted: 12 Jul 10 at 19:42
Hi folks.

I'm new here, our 1990 2.4TD LT50 went through the plating this morning with flying colours, and that is the second year it has done so.

Though there has been a fair deterioration in the braking performance since last year, it only just went through on the limit so it's time for a bit of TLC to say thanks for the reliable service she has provided until now.

The LT is all new to me, I am a Ford Transit connoisseur of several years (boo hiss, etc), but the LT is growing on me... slowly. They are certainly quite well put together, if a little bit more difficult than a transit to work on, thanks to the immovable cab over design.

There is precious little info available out there on the web about them, and parts are even more difficult to find, so this forum seems like it will be a vital place.

So congrats on a cracking forum Smile and if anyone could tell me, in which order to bleed the brakes? I'd be most grateful. Wink

All the best
Ayrshore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ayrshore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 10 at 21:29
Well, I tend to bleed down from the longest run of pipe to the shortest.

Can't mind which is which at the rear - but the front I do the passenger side first, bottom first, then the driver's side - bottom first.

Works fine for mine.
WildGoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildGoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 10 at 20:57
That'll do for me!

Thanks a lot ! Smile
TwoSheds View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoSheds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 10 at 09:54
Hello WildGoose :
There is a posting of mine that gives a fair bit of info on LT brakes that was placed a few weeks back. This may assist you.

Edited by TwoSheds - 20 Jul 10 at 00:05
 Post Reply Post Reply