The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MkIII Golf 2 litre in T3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ruben View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 06:24
Originally posted by Gtavalanche Gtavalanche wrote:

Precariously poised to smash said sump should it ever take a knock. Think it might need a rethink.How has everyone else done theirs?

A rethink, sounds good...

Here is my solution, i can use the stock turbodiesel exhaust system with this adapter from mikebully:

ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 08:51
 how many € is the adaptor and does he have a website?
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Echo Beach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Echo Beach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 10:28
Originally posted by ELVIS ELVIS wrote:

Yep, i'd be up for one of those as well if we got some more details 
Gtavalanche View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 11:45
Yeah ill probly have one too!!Depending on the Euro's!
I taste Hurty!
Ruben View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 14:47
I've send Maik a email, maybe he will post in this thread or give me some info for you!
Garyd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 22:03
Exhuast? I have used the waterboxer silencer and tailpipe, mounted to the engine and sump as per the diesel. I had a stainless front pipe made up locally to include the lambda boss and a flexible section. Works well and runs quiet.

Garyd
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 23:58
Similar to Gary, 2.1 stainless back box (which was left over from converting the Belgians syncro to scooby) and a run of pipe and a home made 2 into 1 from the original exhaust base plate (Fab'd from scaffold pole.)

Elvis, Fatboy, Kamperman, Jason, Piledriver, IbizaStu, Seb and Gary and plenty more have heard it running and it's quiet with just a nice growl on full throttle..

T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
Ruben View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 11 at 11:59
Originally posted by Echo Beach Echo Beach wrote:

Originally posted by ELVIS ELVIS wrote:

Yep, i'd be up for one of those as well if we got some more details 

There is no special website, only a better picture with some more (german) information: http://2e-im.vw-bus.net/?cat=7

The exhaust adaptor costs 115€ without the mounting thread for the lambda.
With the mounting thread for the lambda it costs 130€.

Maik has to take a look for the delivery price, should be 15€ or 21€ from germany to GB (without islands).

Paypal is available, please contact him by email:
maikbulli AD yahoo.de

Please give him some time, he is busy at the moment at a new job.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 11 at 18:01
and the picks gone! dont they want us to copy it? Wink
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Garyd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 11 at 20:49
Picture is still there for me at:
http://ph.babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2F2e-im.vw-bus.net%2F&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Garyd
jc_geddes View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc_geddes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 11 at 08:04
Aim starting to collect the parts for this conversion I have chosen the agg engine as it seems to be the best compromise between power/torque and electronic control.

The questions I now have are:

1: throttle cable - the van is currently a mx diesel so will the cable reach or do i need petrol cable?

2: tacho. How does the petrol connect to the original van tacho?

3: immobiliser - can this be deleted or is it easy to carry over?

The current plan is to get it all working out side of the van on a stand and then swap it over this autum time.

cheers

John
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 11 at 11:16
Originally posted by jc_geddes jc_geddes wrote:

1: throttle cable - the van is currently a mx diesel so will the cable reach or do i need petrol cable?
Diesel one will not reach.. either buy a cable connector and join the petrol end to the diesel end at in the engine bay, or buy/have made up a fresh cable

2: tacho. How does the petrol connect to the original van tacho?

is the original van tacho for a diesel?  Stock petrol tacho's will just wire up to the alternator terminal, dunno about diesel tachos

3: immobiliser - can this be deleted or is it easy to carry over?
I would carry it over, GaryD has a really neat install with the immobiliser transponder ring round the T3 key binnacle - looks stock!

HTH 

Hutch
markpark View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markpark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 11 at 16:32
Pretty sure a petrol T3 tacho takes is signal from the coil and diesel from the w terminal.
DJ T3 homrbrew camper and 98 LT 2.5 TDI crew van
jc_geddes View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc_geddes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 11 at 16:57
Cheers hutch,

It has diesel clock and I intend to keep them. Retracing this thread it looks like Gary has managed to do it.

it there a W terminal on the petro, alt, I didn,t think there was but aim prepared to be corrected.

Cheers

John
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 11 at 12:54
Can anyone suggest a decent fuel pump, as i dont fancy using the 25 year old mk2 one thats on the donor van. Its looks a little worse for wear!!
I taste Hurty!
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 11 at 17:22
apparently (aidan told me so from a reliable source) the 112bhp 1.2 wasserleaker fuel pump provides enough bar
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 11 at 12:27
Thats would leave me with the same problem of it being 25-30 years old. I was thinking one of the shelf/ebay that would work. 
I taste Hurty!
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 11 at 12:28
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 11 at 12:31
Quite expensive though, was looking at £30-£50 quid ones on ebay. Just wondering if theyll be adequate. They do run 3 Bar, but how long they'll last is a different story.

I taste Hurty!
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 11 at 12:37
I reckon any pump that will hold 3 bar is fine..  try porsche 944 ones?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>