The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

odd electrical problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: odd electrical problem
    Posted: 16 Sep 20 at 16:14
Hi all

I have a very strange issue in that when i turn on my fresh air fan it turns the wipers on, the coolant red light will flash then, rev counter looses 2000ish rpm. 

I have disconnected the fan at the connection on the heater box and all is well, I put another battery to the four terminals on the connector and fan runs fine with no noises and has always run fine until now.

I have checked wiring and have 12v at the switch on the dash so don't think it is the earth, due to the above symptoms I am begging to suspect my fuse box has gone bad internally. I would be most grateful for any further thoughts.
psion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 20 at 19:50
Turned out to be a bad earth behind windscreen washer bottle
Beetroot2 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetroot2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 20 at 19:38
😂
nooberdoober View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nooberdoober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 20 at 17:05
I had exactly this issue once too. Silly place to put all the earths....right in the path of all the water coming from the windscreen and the indicators.
I got me a 2.4 straight Six......and it's a soundin JUICY!

1984 LT40 2.4 petrol Coachbuilt Autotrail Motorhome
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic