The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > The Coachbuilt forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help: weinsberg conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help: weinsberg conversion
    Posted: 15 Oct 12 at 14:01
Good afternoon,

Not sure if this is the right section for this enquiry ( if not I do apologise) ,

I'm looking to find some information on the weinsberg conversion of T3's. any information would be helpful, but something like an original manual or perhaps instructions on the workings and layout would be good.

Don't know if someone could either point me in the right direction as I really am struggling to find anything on the Internet. (Except pictures of the interior)

Many thanks

James
DaveyP2004 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveyP2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 12 at 19:51
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 12 at 09:36
Jim, do you own a weinsberg? I really like the look of them. I reckon they must rank 2nd to a westfalia. there's a chestnut brown metallic near me. Are they normally on a Caravelle base?
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
Jim D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 12 at 10:09
Thanks for the brochure, it was quite interesting to look at, albeit it's in German.

Yes, my girlfriend and I purchased one at the weekend, but it did not come with the instructions for the fridge and other controls. Also information about the under slung tank.

I haven't seen too many but I also really like the convention. I particularly like the high pop top.

I honestly do not really know anything about them so any information anyone has I would be most grateful for.

Thanks

James
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 12 at 10:13
Sling a few photos up if you can. Yes, the high pop top is very good. Smile
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveyP2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 12 at 10:18
Hi James,
I doubt you will get a manual for the Weinsberg conversion in English as I think it was only made for the German market, If you check the model number of the fridge (probably an Electrolux / Dometic should have a silver label inside?) then I may be able to help with a manual for that.
Cheers,
Dave
Jim D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 12 at 12:16
Thank you very much, I'll get some photos up later today and also the fridge serial number.

Thank you all very much.

Damn, thought as much, before we bought it I couldn't find anything on the van.

Cheers

James
Jim D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 12 at 19:59
Right here's two quick photos I took earlier before it was getting dark.
We've taken out the cushions to clean and given it a good bleaching.

Jim D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 12 at 17:49
Originally posted by DaveyP2004 DaveyP2004 wrote:

If you check the model number of the fridge (probably an Electrolux / Dometic should have a silver label inside?) then I may be able to help with a manual for that.
Cheers,
Dave

Dave,

It's an Electrolux

Here is serial number, 8072036
And model number : RM 185 GV

If you have one from that, it would be mighty handy thanks.

Apparently it's working on the electrics fine, but not the gas at the moment.
Are there any usual problems like that that you know of?

Thanks

James

Edited by Jim D - 17 Oct 12 at 17:49
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveyP2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 12 at 18:01
Hi James,
I only have that manual in German but I think it is similar fridge to the RM184 fitted in most Westfalia T3.
You can download an english manual here:

You may find some of the other equipment such as cooker / gas tank are similar to Westfalia so have a look at the downloads here:

If you look in the Useful Westfalia Posts Forum you should find info on fixing the fridge.

Cheers,
Dave
Jim D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 12 at 19:43
Thank you very much for this information, I've been glued to the screen since lol! :)

James
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 12 at 00:19
There are loads of posts on fridge probs in the useful westy links bit..  
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
 Post Reply Post Reply