Print Page | Close Window

RULES AND REGS, READ OR DIE!!

Printed From: The Brick-yard
Category: Auto Jumble
Forum Name: For Sale
Forum Description: Got stuff that's been clogging up your shed for the last 7 years. Offer it to the needy here.
URL: http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22023
Printed Date: 28 Mar 24 at 15:08
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: RULES AND REGS, READ OR DIE!!
Posted By: Baxter
Subject: RULES AND REGS, READ OR DIE!!
Date Posted: 18 Dec 07 at 21:35

Classified, rules.

I know, I know, this is Brick-Yard, we don�t do rules and regs but I feel the time has come to put something down in writing to stop petty squabbles arising from sales via this forum.

Please remember this place is a forum, it�s not a club, people post what they want here usually without moderation, it is very rare for a moderator to step in and move or delete anything other than people posting stuff in the wrong forum.

Anything, more or less goes here, but it seems we are going to have to have some rules to stop what has been happening in the past.

General rules.

This is a FOR SALE forum, where you place items FOR SALE.

If something is offered for sale, it has a price and a location.So tell us what it is,where it is and if it's spares you're selling,also say which vehicle it's for in the title.
Dont say "offers" or "bids" without giving a guide price. Its not cricket, it puts off buyers, and it encourages comments from others. That makes more work for us, watching for "shit" happening and deleting offal from for sale posts...

Of course, there are reasons for not putting a price in an ad:

1. Maybe its a super rare item, never seen before that you really do have no idea how much its worth. In that case, its worth asking opinions. Items that are NOT super rare, and rarely seen include just about everything thats ever offered been offered for sale on here...
Check ebay completed auctions for a guide price, generally subtract 20% for the "ebay muppet factor", and you'll be somewhere near...

2. You know what its worth, but youre hoping for a bit of a cheeky bidding war to get the price up a little... well, thats up to you, but dont use OUR forum for it, Use ebay. thats what its for.

3. You think you know what its worth, but to be honest, you think its a bit steep... you hope you get offered it but you dont want to look like a cheeky cnut for asking it...

I cant think of any more to be honest.

If you want bids, put it on ebay. If you want offers, state as such, but give a ball park figure. It'll stop potential buyers worrying about insulting you, and it will help stop the server being bogged down with a million "how much are you looking for..." questions.

Once an item is sold, could you please go back and edit the title of your thread to indicate that the item is sold, please don't post on the end of a thread to put sold because that bumps it up to the top.
Once a item is marked sold then someone will lock the thread so we don't get people dragging up ancient for sale adds asking if the item sold or not.

DONT just change the title to SOLD. And dont remove the ad details. If there is any dispute over the condition of the item we'd like to see how it was described.

Please put what the item is for in the item title, you may thing it's obvious that the springs your selling fit a T3, but an LT owner may no see it that way!
Doesn't take much! 

Traders.

Please also remember that the forum is owned, and run by a fat bloke from up north who also runs a garage that sells VW parts, I really, honestly don�t mind other traders using this place to peddle their wares but when said traders cause me agro, hassle that interferes with the day to day running of my business or interferes in my personal life I will take exception, so here comes rule number 1.

3 strikes and your out. If I, or any of the moderators get 3 complaints, moans, gripes in a 3 month period then that�s it, tough shit, game over, f*ck off and sell your shit elsewhere. Brick-Yard prides itself on it�s friendly, laid back atmosphere, a VW van utopia if you will, we would like to think that if anyone is selling anything here it is of good quality, as described and is going to turn up when it is meant to.

If you want to sell stuff here, you are going to have to put your contact details in your signature, these to include.

REAL name.

REAL daytime contact telephone number.

REAL e-mail address.

If you can�t do that, then f*ck off, are you really worth dealing with hiding behind a username?

If you are a real business, please feel free to add your business name and web address to your signature, pictures, whatever, to be fair all this stuff is gunna stand you in good stead anyway with the buying public. NO ANIMATED BANNERS!!!

E-bay.

Links to stuff you are selling on E-bay will be deleted.

It�s either for sale, here, with a price and some contact details, or it�s on E-bay - Not both.

We are quite capable of searching E-bay for stuff that we may want to buy.

This is not a blanket ban on E-bay links as some people seem to think, this is trying to stop dickheads cluttering the forum up with toss that they are selling on e-bay and aren�t really interested in passing their parts on to other forum users at a sensible price and are all out to get as much as then can for something.

There is one born every minute, If you want to help other users, by all means post your advert here, if you have no interest in helping other users and need as much as you can for something then put it on E-bay, but we don�t want it posting here.

If you have any issues with items you have bought from this forum, take it up with the person you bought it from, if it's a trader, he should have his contact details in his signature below their name, ring them, mail them, whatever, don't come running to us until you have done so.
If you have done all you can to resolve the issue without a satisfactory result, drop a moderator a PM, it doesn't have to be me, they will then make a note of it in another forum I'm just about to create. We will issue a strike against them.
If they get 3 strikes in 3 months, Bye Bye...

If it was from a private person, not really much we can do, tell us who it is and we will keep an eye on the matter.

That�s it, job jobbed, this thread will be updated, moved, amended as we see fit.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net