Print Page | Close Window

new to Gipsy ownership

Printed From: The Brick-yard
Category: T3 Section
Forum Name: The Coachbuilt forum
Forum Description: The Return of the forum for coachbuilt models, Cheeta, Gipsy, Tischer etc.
URL: http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35990
Printed Date: 28 Mar 24 at 21:05
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: new to Gipsy ownership
Posted By: Aspo13
Subject: new to Gipsy ownership
Date Posted: 01 Mar 09 at 08:38
Just thought I'd post myself up....

I'm in Chesterfield and wondered if there are any other Gipsy owners nearby.

Only bought it yesterday and its already leaking diesel all over the drive, busy afternoon for me I think.

If anyone is fairly nearby I'd appreciate it if someone could explain what most of the buttons/switches/knobs do cos I haven't got a clue.

Can't wait to take it away though.

Cheers
Aspo

-------------
Drop in late but show up early

Replies:
Posted By: Nosey_Cow
Date Posted: 01 Mar 09 at 19:17
Hi Aspo

Congratulations on being a new Gipsy owner!!

With regards to the buttons etc - I bought my Cheetah in Nov last year and i'm still finding out what they all do!!

But I'm sure I can live with the uncertainty if I get a nice weekend away LOL

Claire

Posted By: TeeB
Date Posted: 02 Mar 09 at 09:35
Welcome Aspo, I still don't know how mine works and I've had it 18 months!  Enjoy!

-------------
1985 Westfalia Joker Jubilee

Date Posted: 02 Mar 09 at 10:36
Thanks for the replies!

My biggest worry at the moment is having to have the baby in the front with me, with another on the way. I would appreciate any help with the best way to secure baby seats in the rear of the bus, cos 2 wont fit on the front seat!

Cheers

Aspo

-------------

Posted By: johnawhiskey
Date Posted: 02 Mar 09 at 13:45
Part of the fun is discovering things that it does months after you think you have sussed everything!

Our little one travels in the back (we have belts) but we did have to get a car seat that could be secured using only a lap belt and that did'nt have to use a 3 point belt all the time.

-------------
Live fast but relax in your van!

www.ibeltd.co.uk
www.indigoblueleisure.com

Date Posted: 02 Mar 09 at 15:51
Thats encouraging, whereabouts are your seatbelts secured in the back?

Chances are I'll have the eldest one up front with me and the youngest in the back with the wife. (I'd also like to put a belt in for her as well).

If you have any pics of where they are secured to the van I'd appreciate it if you could e-mail them to me.

Whilst we're at it do you know where I can get a replacement lense for the side marker lights that are high up on the outside of the van? Previous owner knocked it off with a tree LOL

Cheers

Ben

-------------

Posted By: Bluebays
Date Posted: 02 Mar 09 at 16:13
Welcome to big bus owners club LOL You should be able to get suitable marker lights from any caravan shop

-------------

Posted By: johnawhiskey
Date Posted: 02 Mar 09 at 16:14
Take your other one of and see who it is made by + the part number on it and then google it. It won't be a unique lamp to the Gypo and is probably just a standard marker lamp available from most motor factors / truck parts suppliers. Will try and get some pics of the belts up at some point.

-------------
Live fast but relax in your van!

www.ibeltd.co.uk
www.indigoblueleisure.com

Date Posted: 02 Mar 09 at 22:40
Thanks for your help guy's.

Had buses for the last 11 years but I think the gipsy is going to be a steep learning curve. Still I just keep laughing to myself everytime I look out the window at it.

Feel like a kid a Christmas!

-------------

Posted By: westy77
Date Posted: 05 Mar 09 at 10:23
hiya, me and cookiemonster are from sheffield, im mostly in eesex at the mo, im in sheffield this weekend, we both live not far from the A61 if your out and about in itSmile

-------------
86 Vanagon GL

Date Posted: 05 Mar 09 at 15:27
Hopefully we will be about in it this weekend Smile

Just got to try and change the diesel leak pipes as thats what they're doing at the moment!

Going to have a go this afternoon if I get work finished in time.

Are you both on the Karmann forum, its been brilliant upto now with learning fridge controls etc.

God, cant believe fridge instructions are on my mind instead of lowered beams and big carbs LOL. Oh well s'pose I'm growing up.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 09 at 20:24
maybe bump into you then, i actually live in essex now, going home tomorrow and need to take the camper for a spin, if you get up the A61 to meadowhead well have to meet up, yeah these things take some figuring out at first, how it works and if it worksLOL

-------------
86 Vanagon GL

Date Posted: 06 Mar 09 at 10:30
Meadowhead is only 10 mins up the road from me as we're just off the bottom of the Dronfield by-pass. What sort of time will you be about and I'll pop up in the bus.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Mar 09 at 20:50
ok, does afternoon about 2ish sound good, can meet you at cookiemonsters as he has a gypsie, hell be on in a bit and let you know where he isSmile

-------------
86 Vanagon GL

Posted By: cookiemonster
Date Posted: 06 Mar 09 at 21:10
its all fine by me - who's bringing the biscuits? Smile

be good to cheer my neighbours up with a bit of coachbuilt action on a saturday afternoon

-------------
lots of cars - not enuf driveway

Posted By: Bluebays
Date Posted: 07 Mar 09 at 10:29
Pix would be good if you can Wink

-------------

Posted By: ElTel
Date Posted: 16 Mar 09 at 21:19
Am I inthe right place to discuss me Devon

-------------
Growing Old is compulsory
Growing up is only a option