Print Page | Close Window

My vans been stolen OWV 71W

Printed From: The Brick-yard
Category: The Brickyard
Forum Name: Stolen Van register.
Forum Description: A list of stolen vehicles.
URL: http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67630
Printed Date: 29 Mar 24 at 00:22
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: My vans been stolen OWV 71W
Posted By: armyphil
Subject: My vans been stolen OWV 71W
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 07:56
1981 westfalia OWV 71W
Fully loaded with all camping gear we got in late last night

Now with a White high top

Last seen on my drive at 2300

If anyone sees it please contact me on 07732299324

-------------
Jäger mmmmmmmm
81 joker
08 skoda vrs

Replies:
Posted By: jason k
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 08:01
Bastards. Hope you find it chap. Will put this in the stolen van section for you.

-------------
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Posted By: Stacey
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 08:04
What's the reg number?

-------------
I sell cars and campers.
www.qualitycarsuk.co.uk
~And I like filth, ginger people, drunk Welsh people and fingering food

Posted By: Stacey
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 08:09
Just spotted it. I've put it on my Vw car forum too

-------------
I sell cars and campers.
www.qualitycarsuk.co.uk
~And I like filth, ginger people, drunk Welsh people and fingering food

Posted By: Bluebays
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 08:45
Gutted mate hope it turns up 

-------------

Posted By: dragonfire709
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 09:42
Was it stolen from Bordon? I'll keep an eye out for it. What a bunch of thieving scum.

Cheers

Roy

-------------
T4 Karmann Karuso

Posted By: armyphil
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 09:50
No mate I'm in Oxford now cheers all for looking, can't believe how hard insurances companies are to deal with

-------------
Jäger mmmmmmmm
81 joker
08 skoda vrs

Posted By: Mickyfin
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 10:13
Spreading the word as much as possible for you, I'm getting fed up of people taking our vans, or breaking into them, peeing me off big time!

Posted By: Syncost Alot.
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 10:30
More bad news Phil.
Is that the one with the dodgy Hightop work? Why did you change? That black one looks cool (well as cool as a hightop can get!)
This is getting a weekly notice now, I really must get a tracker thingy sorted.

-------------
Founder member of the "WESTERN FRONT VOLKSWAGEN KLUB".......membership no 0001

Posted By: danstervan
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 10:53
Sorry to hear about this. Ouch

I have put up a stolen thread on CGTI. Thumbs Up

Posted By: ELVIS
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 11:13
 gutted for you mate! fingers crossed it turns up.

-------------
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Posted By: Tee4
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 12:39
Hope you find it chap

Posted By: ..lee..
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 13:01
this van stealing is really starting to piss me off to.

has the info collected on the forums been passed on to the police. it seems to me that this type of crime could be branded as a serial crime in which case the police should really be opening up investigative teams that can analise data. i had a quick look to see if i could see a pattern forming.

the police should be doing the same.

anyone got any ideas if a better system can be built to try and limit the damage thefts like this can cause.

lee

-------------
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

Posted By: plinsky
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 13:18

mate sorry to hear that, i shall keep an eye out!

Posted By: cornish pasty
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 14:26

I’m saddened by the number of vans that are being stolen, the ‘register’ is a top idea and with so many members I would hope some vehicles to be seen and reported Where do the stolen vehicles go? Those that do turn up are usually minus accessories, the result of a scum bag. Some of the stolen vans are so uniquely distinguishable that it would be impossible to move them without them being recognised. If broken then surely the parts would turn up, someone must be offered dodgy deals. The thieves could hardly advertise their actions on e bay. “Recently ‘acquired‘, ex camper & bus project, and now breaking”…..100% feed back.

Export, cloning, ringing, whatever….very risky, so what happens to the never seen again vans?. Used for parts to ‘do up’ a rust bucket by unscrupulous enthusiasts? Any ideas?

I have, on occasions, had to leave my van in a car park overnight and as a precaution I place a web strap between driver and passenger interior door handles, and looped around the steering wheel. I exit the van via the sliding door and secure a bicycle lock through the passenger door handle and sliding door handle. I hope it prevents the casual git who thinks “it’s a campervan so there must be valuables inside”. The drivers door is still vulnerable because the lock is simple, but the door still won’t open, and hopefully he walks away. Anyone else got safety/security tips?

I remember seeing a programme similar to fifth gear in Germany. A surfer girl needs transport for her board so the presenter looks at a T3, a Merc 210, and a T4. Test drives them and reports back…surfer girl chooses………T4 of course.

Only mentioned it because seller of T3 used a chain between the door handles, even better than web straps, scum would need a bolt cropper to enter. Perhaps this is ‘old hat’ security but making life difficult for the little scumbags might just put them off.

But I guess that if your van is specifically targeted………

I hope yours turns up OK.

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjPhopki9sQ&sns=fb

Posted By: simonandsarah
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 15:05
T4 : we have removed the plastic door unlocking plips so if anyone breaks a window the front doors are still deadlocked so entry/exit has to be via window.
Side and rear barn doors have internal ringbolts fitted  secured by internal padlocks. Strongarm steering wheel lock fitted when we lock up and usually all curtains closed with a small portable radio left on at low volume to a Radio 4 type channel so it sounds like folks talking inside.
Glove box is locked but contains an old wallet with a few notes in local currencies and some bank and AA cards (long expired) from a different surname to ours and a knackered old mobile.
Also keep a knackered laptop ' hidden' which the scum are welcome to - stops them finding the decent and far better hidden netbook.
Have in the past also hung a meaty looking dog lead on the door mirror ( we don't have a dog ) but in PC Britain there is the risk that someone will call out the RSPCA on a hot day!
Usual passive rules apply - always lock up, think twice about location and if nearby cars look dodgy take a quick piccy on your phone to record reg.nos.

-------------
sastt

Posted By: Mickyfin
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 15:57
Get it registered on www.twoc.co.uk

Posted By: cornish pasty
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 15:58
simonandsarah.......sensible precautions........and the obvious - location, it's just asking to be 'hit' if left on a remote industrial eatate /layby etc. I like the 'quick piccy' suggestion.
Dog bowl and heavy duty chain works best at home, puts off the casual caller, and deters the inquisitive.
I agree with ..lee.. re the police, it's obviously not just another car crime, it's more selective car crime.  

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjPhopki9sQ&sns=fb

Posted By: colinthefox
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 20:46

Sorry about your van Armyphil. My first car was nicked the first day I owned it. But that was in Liverpool!

Anyway.

Some time ago I saw a TV programme including footage of taxi minibuses in Lagos Nigeria. The thousands of minibuses were mostly T3s. There's a brisk car trade (containers and Roll on) from Tilbury to Nigeria. As a good deal of shit originates in Lagos...........if I was a betting man........

Pure speculation, but just a thought.

-------------
1.9D AEF T3 Kamper

All sorts of other oil burners too.

Posted By: Rob M
Date Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 22:40
I am a VOSA Vehicle Examiner and at roadside checks we often encounter Polish/Lithuanian/Turkish etc HGV Artics with curtainside trailers heading out of the country with cars inside.  

There appears to be a healthy market in Eastern Europe for VW Audi spares.

These vehicles are not visible and could include stolen T3's.  I recently travelled to Germany and witnessed many such foreign lorries drive onto & off the ferry without any checks of the contents.

Worrying eh?

Posted By: Stu Dapples
Date Posted: 19 Aug 11 at 06:49
Gutted for you mate, fingers crossed the scumbag will whip the stereo and then leave well alone...

Keepin em peeled in Worcs mate....

-------------
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you will be a mile away, and have his shoes...

Posted By: Gtavalanche
Date Posted: 19 Aug 11 at 06:51
Originally posted by colinthefox colinthefox wrote:

Some time ago I saw a TV programme including footage of taxi minibuses in Lagos Nigeria. The thousands of minibuses were mostly T3s. There's a brisk car trade (containers and Roll on) from Tilbury to Nigeria. As a good deal of shit originates in Lagos...........if I was a betting man........

This also happens with high end Rental cars like Range Rovers, Mercs, Bentleys ETC. BUt look at the value of of a near enough new Range Rover compared with a T3? Thats why the police arent interested.

-------------
I taste Hurty!

Posted By: Syncost Alot.
Date Posted: 19 Aug 11 at 09:12
I doubt they are going that far. The value doesn't make it worth-while.
No They must be in Northern Europe, where people/clubs attach a higher value to them & parts.

-------------
Founder member of the "WESTERN FRONT VOLKSWAGEN KLUB".......membership no 0001

Posted By: Nev
Date Posted: 19 Aug 11 at 21:40
SCUMBAGS 

-------------
A fool and his money are easily parted! Especially when the fool owns a T3

Posted By: Gandalf
Date Posted: 20 Aug 11 at 09:03
Gutted for you Phil! I'll keep an eye out in my neck of the woods.

-------------
89 Cali Pop Top

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net