The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Spotted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 13 at 19:27
No camera, so no pictures.

H regeistered LT in a very nice Dove Grey, leaving New Bridge Street roundabout, NE1, at around 4pm today. I waved from the comfort of my bus shelter and the check-shirted sun-glasses-wearing driver waved back.

Later seen, 4.30ish,  trying to hide at the back of Chillingham Road at the junction of Biddlestone Road. It's big ass was sticking out.

The big green ultra hightop was also seen exiting the Tyne Tunnel, heading north, a couple of weeks ago, but I have not seen it since, in either previous location.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 13 at 16:38
Another LT spotted, but no camera and thus no pictures. M309 ?NKK? either a 28/31/35E but no indentifying marks.

I followed him for a half mile and then we both stopped at the lights Staion Road/Great Lime Road junction NE12. Side by side me and a white tin top. 

A rare occurrence, but at least I got a wave this time, I think I saw him a while ago and got ignored.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 13 at 10:56
Germans finding UK LTs!!

?Anyone on here?

VW LT Camper not Cramper

lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 13 at 17:15
Originally posted by LTCamper89 LTCamper89 wrote:

Germans finding UK LTs!!
This one was on E-baya few months back i think. You'd be hard pushed to spot a mk1 here !

?Anyone on here?

LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
sirlollypop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirlollypop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 14 at 16:27
I saw a great looking Yellow with a brown strip LT van in Norwich around Christmas.   It had disk brakes and took off from the lights like a beast.  I think it was G reg.

But if you are local give me a PM, I would love to get a proper look.
1991 LWB LT35 2.4D Home Brew Converted(When I want to get there)
1981 SWB LT28 2.7 Sven Hedin RHD(In the Paint Shop)
2007 Audi A6 3.0TDi Le Mans (When I need to get there fast)
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 14 at 18:12
Originally posted by sirlollypop sirlollypop wrote:

I saw a great looking Yellow with a brown strip LT van in Norwich around Christmas.   It had disk brakes and took off from the lights like a beast.  I think it was G reg.

But if you are local give me a PM, I would love to get a proper look.

Always the ones' that you NEED to see.Unhappy

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 14 at 07:48
I spent far too long looking at old photographs last night/this morning and the fifth one I see now is this.

A date may come up later. but the barber shop is still a barber shop.

Derr Ermm1992, so the LT is not that old.

Edited by LTCamper89 - 18 Jan 14 at 12:44

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 14 at 11:32
Ohhhh, I want that white DOKA car mover. It is my dream truck
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 14 at 12:12
Originally posted by Canada LT28 Canada LT28 wrote:

Ohhhh, I want that white DOKA car mover. It is my dream truck

Back on UK. e-bay buy it now ! Big smile
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 14 at 14:15
Gotta link?

No need, i found it. I wanted LHD, too bad. 

Edited by Canada LT28 - 18 Jan 14 at 14:19
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 14 at 00:58
And another, from 81, so nearly new.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

PhilJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 14 at 10:02
Just got back from a cheap last minute holiday in Gambia (£400 for flights and hotel)
Saw quite a few LTs in various states of decay - most glimpses out of the window of a bus or taxi so couldn't always get photos but here are a couple of the better ones that are still on the road.
The red one was in Banjul harbour the other was near the Senagambia strip.
Phil J - VW LT 35 2.4 D 1989 Camper
PhilJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 14 at 10:04
Phil J - VW LT 35 2.4 D 1989 Camper
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 14 at 16:45
No rust then.Wink

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 14 at 18:45
I, and Dearly Beloved and Littl'un have just returned from a Sunday afternoon at The Cluny seeing the Smokin' Spitfires. I used to see the vocalist and trombone player in their previous incarnation as the East Side Torpedoes. Not only am I in the video, but so is another Chris, also there this afternoon and 'Flappy Girl' 2:18. Neil Hunter still has an excellent voice.

Ho hum, on the way back up Stepney Bank I spotted this chassis cab, in the yard of Bank Top Garage who had two T3s, camper and DoKa, a  while ago.

Edited by LTCamper89 - 06 Apr 14 at 18:46

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 14 at 15:56
Got  1/2 an LT just like that. one day i will post  pic's !Embarrassed when i learn how !

Edited by lorryloader - 09 Apr 14 at 21:54
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 14 at 17:48
LIDL Carpark on Battle Hill Drive Wallsend. 55.005312,-1.520685

Dearly Beloved says 'You're sad you'GeekPinch

Comfy seats but my camera battery was dead after the first shot so I walked around LIDL with it in my hand, the battery, and got the two of us together.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Serge View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 14 at 17:59
Sven Hedin spotted at the Riverside Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally, Southport today.
I think it was at Camperfest, Chester last year too!

Edited by Serge - 27 Apr 14 at 18:08
1990 LT28 Westfalia Florida 2.4TD + Reliant Scimitar GTC + Mk 4 Mondeo + Triumph Trident Sprint 900 + Honda 550/4
http://www.sergeantsmess.co.uk/
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 14 at 11:43
Did I spot you LTCamper89 this morning about 8.10 on the Al just outside Durham going south? Was heading in the opposite direction in my car.

Cheers

Allan

Edited by BigAl68 - 01 May 14 at 11:46
1995 LT 35 Self Built Camper 2.4 TDI
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 14 at 20:53
Yes BigAl68, that was me...probably there cannot be two.

I had some ebay stuff to collect, a 1980 LT brochure - shiny, a MTB wheel with Rohloff - double shiny and a load of ms rod from a chap on MIG-Welding forum - not shiny at all in any way whatsoever.

All of that was on the way to Ely to buy a bike to replace the van as work transport. Not exactly the same as this one, mine is yellow and the seat is different, amongst other things.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>