The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remote central locking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aspo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remote central locking
    Posted: 03 Apr 14 at 10:36
My remote central locking has failed (ages ago) and I've just kept using the key to open and shut on the drivers door.

The standard key has a new battery in it and I can see the little red light glow on the fob when I press 'unlock'.

The bus is a 2000 2.5tdi caravelle if that matters?

When I first got the bus it had an aftermarket alarm/remote that could even start the bus to warm it up. This has all been taken out a couple of years ago so everything thats in the van now is as it should be from the factory.

I have been told that their is some sort of relay that might have failed that the key talks to?
Don't know whether thats right or complete bollocks but if anyone could shed some light on where to begin or what part has likely to have failed it would be appreciated. Thumbs Up
Drop in late but show up early
Aspo13 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aspo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 14 at 09:51
Anyone?

I'm having some other parts of a breaker and I'd like to let him know asap if there's any C/L bits that I need as well.

Ta
Drop in late but show up early
stalin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 14 at 13:00
Ditto; I've got same problem. Mine's a 51 plate 1.9TD, with central locking fitted as standard. Didn't work when I got the van, the fob's little red light glows when you press it, the battery has 3.06 volts in it (I think that means it's ok), but nothing happens with the central locking. As with Aspo13, I don't know where to start looking for problems. 
Cheers in advance.
stalin
 Post Reply Post Reply