The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

silicone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: silicone
    Posted: 13 Feb 09 at 15:59
The other day i decided to get stuck into a few areas of the van that needed work...well thats what i thought, fooled myself into anyway more like.  The washer bit that squirts onto the window was blocked so i tryed to pull it off to clear the line.....but it didnt come off!  so i pulled harder, it didnt come off.  Now iv just bent the metal and plactic squirter, and it doesnt seal....woops.Ermm  I did manage to unblock by putting compresed air down it.  Bit late thou.
Oh well onto the next project!!  The arial!!  Though i could just unscrew this...no!!  Some how managed to pull the whole thing out....fack!!!  Now that leaks too!Angry

So what sealent should i use to cover up my mess??  Would the stuff at B&Q be good enough?

How this van manages to keep running with me tinkering with it is behond me...

T
1985 LT31 LWB 2.4D, Diamond RV custom conversion, with all the whistles and bangs!!
ZUB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 09 at 20:10
You could use a "non-drying bedding sealant" its a caravan sealant, its used for seams, joints, rails, moldings and also for bedding caravan window frames and cladding panels. I used it on our caravan (yes I had a caravan!!!!!) and it is an unbelievable sealant that can be easily removed at a later date, as it stays soft. It'll cost about £3-£4 for a tube that goes in a silicone (skeleton) gun. The one I have is  called "carafax caraseal" its in a red and white tube. Hope this helps.
I'm a bell end
ZUB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 09 at 21:25
I'm a bell end
bushbandit View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 09 at 11:54
cheer bro!  just what i was after.  With that i can reseal the awining too.
T
1985 LT31 LWB 2.4D, Diamond RV custom conversion, with all the whistles and bangs!!
ZUB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 09 at 12:04
Remember it does'nt dry at all though, it stays really sticky so be careful not to get any on your awning material. Ian
I'm a bell end
bushbandit View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 09 at 13:19
ah right, im only going to seal where the metal box for it is attached to the side of the van.  So should be ok... but ill do my best to get it all over me...then inside the van and finily throughout my house..and what the hell, probley not even where i need it. LOL

T
 Post Reply Post Reply