The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So.....what do we want as LT owners?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebdomain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 14:10
Found the map tommy, but how (without log in details) can I add a marker
1995 LT35 2.4 Diesel
Camper conversion
Butternut boy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 14:29
I just did Mike.

Add is at the top left, it''l guide you through it.

You nod yer ed n I'll it' it     
mikebdomain View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebdomain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 14:37
lol - thanks butternut (call myself a webmaster...)
1995 LT35 2.4 Diesel
Camper conversion
eltee View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eltee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 15:45
 i likee zee map i think eet is goot.

it will help with people who are touring around and people who are close for meets.

Ere Butternut i zoomed in on satelite image, and " i can see your your van outside yer house!!!
eltee

Edited by eltee - 18 Sep 08 at 15:52
1993 2.4 Diesel VW LT35 LWB PAS self build camper
part of the "LT Massive"
1990 syncro part of the "off road massive"
LT35_Leigh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LT35_Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 16:49
Tommy - thats the kind of map I was hoping for.
1990 2.4 N/A Diesel VW LT35 SWB Genuine Reimo Conversion.

Big. Blue and Beautiful!
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 17:01
Originally posted by mikebdomain mikebdomain wrote:

lol - thanks butternut (call myself a webmaster...)

Mike, look at it another way.

"I'm too stupid to be confused"

Originally posted by eltee eltee wrote:

Ere Butternut i zoomed in on satelite image, and " i can see your your van outside yer house!!!
eltee

Take a closer look eltee, you'll probably see me' feet sticking out from underneath it trying to get the air out of me' brake lines.

I've posted my local G.S.F. and Europarts, plus an old world parts place who are really helpful when your in a fix..... should you be in a fix.

thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 17:20
tried the map put in my details and somebody.s moved my house to an industrial est on the other side of town. I hope it deosnt devalue the ind est.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 17:28
Originally posted by thal thal wrote:

tried the map put in my details and somebody.s moved my house to an industrial est on the other side of town. I hope it deosnt devalue the ind est.

The minute yer' backs turned eh Thai.

Bleedin' Town planners
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LT35_Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 17:33
Mmm....interesting - the map has put my house a mile away from where it really is.....

Big. Blue and Beautiful!
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 17:39
Maybe you've moved as well.

Hey, maybe I've moved, I'd better check...........
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 17:46
Nah, I've not moved.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LT35_Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 17:57
Better still - it seems, on the map, there are two of me. How do I remove them? Hee hee.

Big. Blue and Beautiful!
Tommy28 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 20:40
I removed one of them :) If you click 'Unlock' at the top right, then type in 'ltowners' as the key, it'll unlock the admin features and markers can be moved around and edited.
milk n cheese View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milk n cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 21:35
so who is my neighbour in southend. it just says lt35
"if it bends its funny - if it breaks its even funnier" (M&C 1994)
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 21:45
Anonymous eh!!!!!!
I'll tell you something else milk n cheese.... I'm sure his little balloons getting closer to yours.....
better check out your window mate.....
He could be in an LT35.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milk n cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 21:49
better keep my eye out, lock all the doors and take the dust caps off my vans.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 21:53
The Dust Caps..........What..... You've not taken em' off already.

Quick man, grab em'..... while you still can. aaaaarrggghhhhhh.
rockradio View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 08 at 08:46
I'm very much against breaking up the centre of all our information into different places. Its all here in one place and although it may seem a good idea to neatly organise (an oddity of the human condition that we want to organise things) I've seen this happen many times before with sites and as soon as it gets messed with, it fragments and dies. THIS FORUM WORKS and if it aint broke, don't fix it.

We don't need a domain name either. Its all very nice, but what actual difference will it make? We are not going into marketing the site, so why do we need a domain apart from ego? Its running just great at the moment, so lets not mess with it just because it seems like a good idea. Some things things cannot be improved.

This forum may not always be elegant, But it DOES WORK.

Edited by rockradio - 19 Sep 08 at 08:56
LT35 camper 1987 2.4 litre 6 pot diesel, DW engine, no turbo, no PAS.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milk n cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 08 at 09:29
i dont think anyone was suggesting we mess or change the forum, just a site with info on for those that want to to use it, the forum part of it would be directed back straight to here.
mikebdomain View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebdomain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 08 at 09:43
Rockradio - I agree with a lot of what you say, I have seen a number of forums and clubs splinter due to dis-organisation.

However, forming a 'club' with it's own site news, events diary etc. and a forum link that leads back to these pages would allow a lot more than a 'forum' could - for a start there is the layout and storage of useful links and information - I don't think for a second anyone is suggesting that we move away from brick-yard as a forum - why on earth would anyone want to, as you say it works...
1995 LT35 2.4 Diesel
Camper conversion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>