The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So.....what do we want as LT owners?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 08 at 20:33
Who cares about a logo or a domain? All that matters is content. I could have a single page up and running in ten minutes, but what is the point? We can search the forum using key words to find stuff that we are interested in that has been covered before, that will not be something that is on a website for a while as it will need to build up its content first (presumably by copying info from this forum).

Its our saving grace that we are not easy to find on Google. Once we are, this forum will be strewn with nonsense from everyone who is looking for anything related to LT, which if you search ebay comes up with lots of things before the search is narrowed to commercial vehicles.

I've been there and done this and it always fragments when the focus is remove from a single point.

The most important point of all, is this forum is totally democratic. A website would be administered by one person or a few people and what appears would be up to them and not us all.

I'm sorry, but I just do not see the point.
LT35 camper 1987 2.4 litre 6 pot diesel, DW engine, no turbo, no PAS.
bushbandit View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 08 at 21:00
yeh bro im with you on that, im happy with what iv found on here.  we can still organise meets, swap ideas, and chat.  So a web site aint going to change it for me.  Meets would could be a better use of our time maybe...but then how do we let people know about them other than the ones on here...  oh im in over my head here, to much to think about.  ill just go with the flow
1985 LT31 LWB 2.4D, Diamond RV custom conversion, with all the whistles and bangs!!
LT35_Leigh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LT35_Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 08 at 21:59
Originally posted by skatemarmalade skatemarmalade wrote:

any progress on this??
i reckon we should go ahead with the idea of a website with this forum attached, dan has said he could design the logo which would be a start,
if there is any thing i could do to help out let me know.
if you wanted to get t shirts / sweatshirts printed with the new logo on i have a screen print machine and would happily do them for cost.

lets get this thing rolling.....

I've just been waiting for a few more ideas to roll in and also don't want people to feel I'm trying to take over. Fortunately people are offering to do 'stuff' which is great.

Say end of the week and I'll pick through posts and replies and work out a list of 'to dos' if that's ok with people?

Leigh.....
1990 2.4 N/A Diesel VW LT35 SWB Genuine Reimo Conversion.

Big. Blue and Beautiful!
milk n cheese View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milk n cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 08 at 22:08
sounds good to me, not sure what i can offer web site wise but keen to be included
"if it bends its funny - if it breaks its even funnier" (M&C 1994)
Butternut boy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 08 at 22:17
Don't we all just want THIS.
You nod yer ed n I'll it' it     
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LT35_Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 08 at 22:19
Originally posted by Butternut boy Butternut boy wrote:

Don't we all just want THIS.

You get one first, put the pics of you wearing on here, and we'll consider it?

Big. Blue and Beautiful!
Butternut boy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 08 at 22:26
where's me' camera...... "get that camera luv' n' tak' a photo of me fort' lads"
You nod yer ed n I'll it' it     
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LT35_Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 08 at 12:56
Going to read through all recent threads and draw together some form of battle plan re clubthing and website.

Leigh....

Big. Blue and Beautiful!
mikebdomain View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebdomain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 08 at 14:31
Hows things going on this leigh
1995 LT35 2.4 Diesel
Camper conversion
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LT35_Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 08 at 18:25
Hee - oh yeah - got all stuff together - just had mad couple of weeks including the end of my degree study this year which sadly went down the pan. Unhappy

Hope to get some kind of website, etc, together over the next few weeks - which is especially handy as it's school half term.

Leigh....

Big. Blue and Beautiful!
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milk n cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 08 at 18:29
Originally posted by LT35_Leigh LT35_Leigh wrote:

Hee - oh yeah - got all stuff together - just had mad couple of weeks including the end of my degree study this year which sadly went down the pan. Unhappy

Hope to get some kind of website, etc, together over the next few weeks - which is especially handy as it's school half term.

Leigh....

leigh, im sorry to hear that, not sure how i can help but i would really like to be involved
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebdomain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 08 at 08:01
Sorry to hear about the degree Leigh..
1995 LT35 2.4 Diesel
Camper conversion
KampenSam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KampenSam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 08 at 22:12
Hello all,
i'd like to quote, "I'm also going to contact the old President of the VW LT Motorhome Club"

I'm Sam, Gazz292's girlfriend, (owner of the Kampenwagen :)

Gazz used to own a VW LT years ago before he decided to build the kampenwagen,
(she's built now and we've been all around europe)

Just to let you know, Graham & Thelma (they ran the VWLT Motorhome club practicly!) they we're great! and we had alot of fun going to meets. we last went to a meet in 2005, before me and Gary started going over to europe every year.

anyway Graham and Thelma sold there house up north in carnforth? and moved over to france, as they had a house build for them.

so they should still be living in france somewhere, they did send me and gary a letter saying where, but we have moved house since then, and have missed placed it.. it had there address on! doh!

so there old address in england is no longer correct.

me and Gary are back in england now, have been for a year.. and havent been to an LT club meet. :( we might go to one next year?

as the last i heard Ian and Jean McCartney (and Kelly the dog) were running the club, i've got there address if you don't have it.
they live in Carnforth, lancs, if you want to search on google for them :)

I wonder how they all are? i'd love to know.. we loved the LT club.
Home is where we park it!
or used to..
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LT35_Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 08 at 18:53
Hi Sam.

Glad to hear you and Gaz are ok!

I know about the club as I was a member but it had now sadly closed - Ian and Jean are still in Carnforth but outside pressures of life stopped them from running the club after Graham and Thelma passed over the reigns.

The last ever newsletter from the club told us of its closure but left no way of picking things up.

I did have contact details myself of members but they seem to no longer be among my LT paperwork - so if it turns up - I'll be in contact with whoever.

As for doing something for us LTers here - I've been mega busy with 1001 projects including finding a high school for my daughter and now a college for my son. After trekking around college, an evening web page creating, etc, loses its appeal.

If someone has a webtemplate we could use or even you Mike - Mike has the webspace - I can just redirect the www.vw.... address. (Can't redirect the DNS for some reason Mike....sorry).

Just a simple homepage pointing people here, for starters, would be better than nothing. We could then do with someone willing to maintain the 'LT' library of documentation, etc.

Then things like gallery, etc, can slowly develop.

All help appreciated.

Leigh.....

Edited by LT35_Leigh - 26 Oct 08 at 23:07

Big. Blue and Beautiful!
caveman_dick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caveman_dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 08 at 15:53
Right been meaning to do this for ages but spent a night sorting it out last week. Check out my basic attempt here > http://www.slinkysoftware.com/vwltclub. I know it's not that fancy but it's something to start with and it's easy to manage (Uses joomla CMS). I've already added a classifieds section and there are 101 extensions like galleries etc. that will work.

I'm happy to pay for the hosting as I've got it sitting there doing nothing and plenty of space and bandwidth (1500Gb a month!!) At some point I will prob place a few small banners/google ads, to get a bit of revenue, esp if I need to purchase more bandwidth.

Leigh, if you want to re-point/redirect the DNS, PM me and i'll get the details for you.

I won't have time to manage it on my own but if there's a few of us...
team french View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team french Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 08 at 16:50
because Lt's matter looks good tho
1978 2litre LT28 abbomination!!!!
bushbandit View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 08 at 21:01
yeh i like it, good going
1985 LT31 LWB 2.4D, Diamond RV custom conversion, with all the whistles and bangs!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebdomain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 08 at 08:15
Its a great start - but please don't do too much google ads etc...

I have a number of web servers with pleanty of hosting space and bandwidth - if it gets tight
1995 LT35 2.4 Diesel
Camper conversion
caveman_dick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caveman_dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 08 at 18:16
Originally posted by mikebdomain mikebdomain wrote:

Its a great start - but please don't do too much google ads etc...

I have a number of web servers with pleanty of hosting space and bandwidth - if it gets tight

Don't worry I hate websites like that myself and if there will be any they'll be really unobtrusive. Anyway I can't really see that it'll use that much bandwidth there's not THAT many of us! Wink

I'm not a designer myself but if anyone wants to do a mock-up i can covert that into a template although the content is more important than look. Anyone have any ideas for sections? I can setup a poll with a few options so we know to what we do first...

Mike, fancy being the first admin? Anyone else, just register with the same username as you have done on here and PM me.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milk n cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 08 at 18:46
ive just registered, its cool, ive only just got my van so dont know what i can bring to the web site but i can send my pics etc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>