The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > The Coachbuilt forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the gipsy project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeymagicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the gipsy project
    Posted: 16 Jan 08 at 19:28

hi thought i would start a thread detailing the gipsy project i bought from steve at eastfalia

right the van is an auto watercooled fuel injected 1.9 ,hopefully will get this running on friday . it has power steering which the wife will love

the cab is in really good no seam rot the paint is abit flat , in fact its totally flat

the coachbuilt part is where the most work is , the rear corners are coming away ,and the roof lining is looking damp ,  nothing i cant sort out will eventually replace all the wood , as i plan on keeping tis for a long while

it is missing a few bits , that i hope you helpfull lot can help me source  , first is the rear table , really need this as i believe it is part of the bed , i also need door mirrors , a toilet have been looking at a few thetford toilets on E-bay, also i dont have any kind of roof rack or bike rack which would be handy ,

i,m sure there will be a load more questions , i  fact i know there will be , and i will be posting a few more pics once the engines running and ive got it out of steves way

whitbygipsy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitbygipsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 08 at 19:36
nice work fella! put standard mirrors on thats what i have done-ya cant see f**kall but they look better!
markeymagicbus View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeymagicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 08 at 19:43
i like ya thinking , not sure i want to see the big long line of traffic behind me any way

Edited by markeymagicbus
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitbygipsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 08 at 21:15
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 08 at 21:42
table frame is available from various places, i'm sure there's one in the cak tanks catalogue but the wood top will be hard to replace as a perfect match 
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeymagicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 08 at 21:51
thanks bus buddy , thats an ace catalogue for bits , i have some one who can hopefully match up the table
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 08 at 22:06

have a look at the repair pics,to give you some ideas

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19752& amp;PN=5

nic View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 08 at 08:41
Originally posted by busbuddy busbuddy wrote:

cak tanks catalogue

whats that then ?
marmite ontoast View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marmite ontoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 08 at 09:25

Originally posted by Herbie_lives Herbie_lives wrote:

Originally posted by busbuddy busbuddy wrote:

cak tanks catalogue

whats that then ?

I think they have a website, type in cak tanks in to www.google.co.uk and they have an on-line catalouge or they will post you one

www.dubtypes.co.uk
Bluebays View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 08 at 11:51
http://www.caktanks.co.uk/ Never heard of it but it looks a good site to keep

TeeB View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 08 at 16:51

Nice project, enjoy & keep us posted.

TeeB

sventhrusta View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sventhrusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 08 at 23:03
Originally posted by DWEEZIL DWEEZIL wrote:

http://www.caktanks.co.uk/ Never heard of it but it looks a good site to keep
They're really useful as they do a replacement locking cap and filler neck for the Gipsy water tank amongst other old style motor home spares.
Bluebays View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 08 at 09:20
I noticed that

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeymagicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 08 at 17:31

its home now , thats was pretty interested to drive being auto left hand drive and the size of a small boat

big thanks to eastfalia for all there help ,

hopefully will get some interior pics tomorrow , and i can start collect the rest of the bits i need to finish it , and of course slam it and fit some nice rims

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 08 at 17:46
looks loads better already
Thomas A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 08 at 20:55
Looking good!
Bluebays View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 08 at 21:43
What they said ^^^

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeymagicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 08 at 21:47

thanks guys got a lot of little bits to do before i get round to taking her out for a weekend

i am trying to find a karmann badge for the back any ideas guys ive tried ebay

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitbygipsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 08 at 22:05
the big karmann badge on the badge has gotta be rare ....like realy rare i would imagine-sorry dude thats no help at all is it!!!
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeymagicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 08 at 07:51
i thought as much , guess i will have to wait till some one decide to break ono of these
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>