The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The high top thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marvinuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The high top thread
    Posted: 22 Mar 10 at 20:06
Ok, I've searched hi and low, trawled, scraped, looked under stones, but it seems, to my amazement, there is no collection of these anywhere in the yard?

So let's be having you...post your pics here, plus any information you think might be interesting about your particular varient.

Yes there'll be haters, particularly those that think fitting a tent to your roof and covering it with a permeable plastic cover is "de riguer", but some of us, the intelligent ones, can see the inner beauty of these Merricks, Ice cream vans, boats on a bus, whatever you want to call them.

It's over to you
SebRogers View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebRogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 16:04
Originally posted by Marvinuk Marvinuk wrote:

So let's be having you...post your pics here, plus any information you think might be interesting about your particular varient.

OK, shall I kick this one off? Here's mine:

'90 Atlantic with the 2.1 WBX lump in SS form. Two German owners prior to me, a tick over 200,000km on the clock now and hasn't missed a beat since I bought it in September '09 and put 4,000km on it (excepting the time I called the AA out in a panic 'cos of the bag o' spanners sound caused by a lazy hydraulic lifter Embarrassed).

Nice, well looked after van when I got it, but I still seem to have spent a fortune. Aside from the usual mechanical stuff (fluids, filters) here's what I've done:
- new wheel trims (and a set of Ronal R8s waiting to be refurbed when I have the cash)
- gutter sealant dug out, gutters bare-metalled, new sealant and hightop completely resprayed
- a couple of rust issues in and around the tailgate sorted - back to bare metal, rotten bits cut out and replaced then sprayed to blend in with original paint
- new fuel tank and fuel lines. Petrol no longer pisses out all over the forecourt when I fill up Wink
- cylinder head pressure test. All clear Smile
- new head unit and speakers plus active sub installed on the end of the kitchen unit. It's not exactly thumping, but at least there's some bass now...
- fire extinguisher installed
- new submersible water pump installed

Plus ongoing small jobs like greasing the steering wheel horn contact ring to stop that annoying scraping sound, sorting the seat bases so they actually swivel without inducing a hernia, that kind of thing. Still to do: alloys, a subtle lowering job, stainless exhaust, replace the missing thermostat control knob panel thingumy for my Eber. And then next year, a couple of seams that'll be needing attention...

It's an ongoing project. But I'm loving it. Bathtub on the roof and all Tongue

Edited by SebRogers - 23 Mar 10 at 19:05
'85 T3 Doka EJ22
'94 T4 Westy Cali Club ABT 2.4td
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 17:14
now all the jealous midgets and tent dwellers have gone................

heres our california.

2.1 mv
double glazed
full plank kit
t3 tuning aero cap
-50mm avo springs
bilstein b6
brickwerks shim kit.
polybushed
porsche wheels.

Edited by jason k - 23 Mar 10 at 22:04
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

SebRogers View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebRogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 17:20
That does look very tidy, Jason Smile

Do the -50mm AVO springs give an accurate 50mm drop, even with the extra weight of the hightop?
'85 T3 Doka EJ22
'94 T4 Westy Cali Club ABT 2.4td
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 17:38
Jase - I think you're underselling the sparkly pink Porsche wheels
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 17:46
your quite right paul they are spangly

right,can we  keep the dross off the thread chaps, its supposed to be a hi top thread.

do you see any of this shite on the main bus park or the pick up thread.

no.

play the game eh?

aberdare. south wales

Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 18:28
Originally posted by jason k jason k wrote:

your quite right paul they are spangly

right,can we  keep the dross off the thread chaps, its supposed to be a hi top thread.

do you see any of this shite on the main bus park or the pick up thread.

no.

play the game eh?

ooooooooooooh! get you!
LOL

He does have a point though... not really what the Bus Park is for.
De-drossed now you can get back to your humpty back vans

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
smithy123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 19:30
Here is my 89 Westy California 2.1DJ. I have owned the van for nearly 2 years and I absolutely love it. I bought it mainly to camp in at the shows but we enjoy it so much we use it loads and holiday in it. With having 2 young kids the high top is superb and I wouldn't swap it. One of the best trips I've been on was to EBI in Belgium last year (maybe that was because I with my matesLOL).
Stacey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Tracie "Poo Poo" Magoo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 20:49

Shall be going for a re-spray after bus-types Big smile

Edited by Stacey - 23 Mar 10 at 20:50
I sell cars and campers.
www.qualitycarsuk.co.uk
~And I like filth, ginger people, drunk Welsh people and fingering food
D&D View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
"deuce"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 20:56
t4 hi-top Wink

Carthago 32.1 T4 LWB
BY Golden Nut Winner
Chug & Tug Team Member
Stacey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Tracie "Poo Poo" Magoo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 21:04
Cool
I sell cars and campers.
www.qualitycarsuk.co.uk
~And I like filth, ginger people, drunk Welsh people and fingering food
jed the spread View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION
Bullshitter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed the spread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 21:10
My old van,

[URL=http://www.whatatool.com[/URL]

My real name is Jarrod Walsh my number is 07940177101 or email Jed@campervanCulture.com for enquiries.
windysurfer View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 21:44
My old one

Nugget View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nugget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 21:49

Ours:

Anyone who has read the Dibble van thread knows it needs paint but apart from that its sorted and we love it.
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 21:59
our first bus.

transformed from a wreck..

aberdare. south wales

Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 22:45

The Chappy Wagon.......

and the reason we bought it .. Big smile

Edited by Chappy - 23 Mar 10 at 22:49
Back in the slow lane, yeah!
NZAndy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 22:47
My '89 2.1

Marvinuk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marvinuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 23:45
Superb guys, much improved thread. I'll get some pics of my lovely up soon as, it's an early 81 joker, 2.0 aircooled, everything works and a traceable 55k on the clock, first weekend out this weekend at volksworld, can't wait!

Si
t'onion View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t'onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 10 at 07:17
My Florida

Big smile

Traded up from a T3 high-top , She is a big old girl , 2.4 six cylinder diesel , just over 100k on her.
LOADS of room Wink

LT28 Westfalia FloRida, 2.4 diesel

miserable fooker

Baz9799 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Baylord

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz9799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 10 at 07:18

Theres a couple of mine, taken in France may 08,
Hopefully it still looks like that ain't seen it for 18 months..Cry

Kinda miss it...

And yes Jase K the side planks are still in the garage and yes i know i'm a slacker!!!Wink
BSC North Wales and ex Downunder Division

71 lowlight bay Aussie import

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>