The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

turbo engine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 09 at 19:59
Originally posted by Sigi Sigi wrote:

fitted mine last weekend, starts fine runs sweet with no smoke but I will have to mess with the engine mound as the return oil pipe for the turbo has worn through as it is rubbing on the old mounting bracket, confident this one might be the one

sweet,we can talk 6 cylinder td stuff at action thenLOL
1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 09 at 20:32
just found this on ebay if it's any help.....although read the description carefully...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-lt-28-35-40-50-spares-not-repair-part-replacement_W0QQitemZ190330254238QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CommercialVehicleParts_SM?hash=item2c5091339e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
buz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 09 at 16:57
        hi , just a quick one to say i travelled 200 miles to look at the engine advertised on ebay (mentioned in the last post on this thread),  after the guy telling me it was really low mileage and in good condition(for 200 quid i thought it was a bargain not to be missed ) , when i got there it had been left outside for god knows how long, the rocker cover was off ( apparently for spraying ) and when i tried to turn it over with a bar in the flywheel it was seized. He said it was probably still tight as it had only done 126000 miles !!!!. At this point I left Angry  .
     Its a strange compulsion with owning lt`s that i feel i have to have a spare engine at all times just in case. This is my first post so I really ought to introduce myself as its rude not to. My name is buz and am from Worcester. Im  on my fourth lt and we currently have an lt 50 horsebox , and for an extra bonus point we also have an F reg MAN 8.150 horsebox which shares a few of the same bodywork parts. I have done the much talked about non turbo to turbo conversion but fortunately had a complete donor vehicle .
Jam-Man View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jam-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 09 at 21:51
I have many engine parts available if anyone wants them cheap, inclusing a good TD engine and a complete non turbo engine with a brand new VW head on it .
drunkenmaster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 09 at 17:12
I could do with the intake pipe that goes from the air filter to the turbo if you have one.
1991 LT35E 2.4TD (volvo transplant)
http://ltcamper.blogspot.com/
Jam-Man View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jam-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 09 at 17:28
Sorry, that's one of the few bits I didn't get from the breakers when I bought the Turbo engine. Typical ain't it....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234