The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPDATED - Westy Stolen in Leamington Spa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPDATED - Westy Stolen in Leamington Spa
    Posted: 25 Aug 08 at 07:36
Hi

My '85 Westy was stolen in Leamington Spa sometime between August 16th and 24th while I was away on holiday. It's a high top Westy Jubilee Joker in Bronze Metallic - quite distinctive as I don't think there are many around in this colour. The front grille is totally black (no silver VW logo), and it's a bit rough around the rear arches, Reg plate B833 KRX.

I don't hold out much hope for its return but if by any chance you spot this van please do let me know -  07771 974387.

Especially gutting as I've only had it a couple of months & had planned a week away this week in it - looks like I'll be dusting of the old tent....

Here is an image, please keep an eye out if you can.

Luke

Edited by LJB - 04 Sep 08 at 09:41
Squarepants2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squarepants2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 08 at 22:49
Sorry mate. Post a piccie if you can. I'll be on the lookout down this neck of the woods.
T3 Watch this space...
Stu Dapples View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Ebenezer Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Dapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 08 at 20:44
Get a piccie up fella, was a Joker appeared round the corner from me a few days ago.... Sort of brownie beige colour and a bit ropey round the arches....

Strange coz there was a green one (in worse nick) turned up about 4 months ago then dissappeared, wonder if its some pikey bastard ringin em?

LJB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 08 at 18:08
Hi

thanks for the replies,
Luke

vanboy1969 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanboy1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 08 at 16:14
sorry bout your van lad a holsworth went missin near my mums in littlemore oxford ,was found torched apparently hope its a happier ending for you
get a piccie up will be keepin eyes peeled oxford area.
 vince
89 T3 TD 64 split 79 bay T3 1.9 auto velle

57 foot narrowboat built and living on, mini pickup restored and mint, fs1e popsicle purple next on the list to do, keeps me busy..

Stu Dapples View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Ebenezer Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Dapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 08 at 19:42
Hmmmm, I reckon the one by me was a bit lighter, more like a goldy colour? Not sure if it would just be the light.... Anything distinctive (other than the fact it is is a T3 Westy)? Stickers etc? Pretty sure there was a Spanish bull sticker on the rear RH side, just above bumper.... Ring any bells? Had a good mooch around where it was and no sign, not in any gardens etc and no garage tall enough to hide it in.....

If any more appear I will post it and see if it is a common theme....
If this sounds possible, might be worth a shout to old bill though, any known thieving scum might get a knock.....

LJB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 08 at 08:31
Thanks Stu

my van was quite goldy, the picture is a good representation though. It did have a round, silver sticker the side of the rear number plate - the stickerswas in German so I'm not sure what it said. The van also has the bottom 6 inches or so painted black (looks almost like underseal) as a botch job to cover up some rot. The drivers door had a 'Bosch Security' (!)sticker on the window, and in the post behind the drivers door there is a key hole for an immobiliser that doesn't work.

Any other information is gratefully received!

Post Reply Post Reply