FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVW LT Owners Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: VW LT Owners Club
    Posted: 21 Nov 07 at 10:59
I've been trying to join this club since yesterday, but First tried ringing the number I had on an old news letter ( 01220 839734). But that now is a children's nursery! lol. Then I did a search on the net and got this number (01524  720381) tried that and it's coming up as not available!

Tried emailing them on the addy I got on the net:- gtsedgwick92988@netbreeze.co.uk And that came back as error mail returned, so obviously it doesn't exist any more.  I'm beginning to wonder if the LT owners club still exists! Does anyone know who I can contact to join the club? I would be grateful Of any help.

Cheers,

Steve.

Edited by AndyT - 16 Aug 08 at 19:49
mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 07 at 18:00
I was at the stratford motorhome show about 2 yrs ago and the lt owners club was in front of our clubs pitch and none of the lt club had any lt,s any more they had flimbsies and wanted me to park over with them because they had no lt.s ? lol so maybe they r no longer a club?

Mike
Dingo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 07 at 18:35
Did similar searching myself and actually got a current number for g sedgwick but he never replied so I guess not interested any more.  Maybe we should make a new club?
kampaman View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 07 at 10:51
Originally posted by Dingo Dingo wrote:

Did similar searching myself and actually got a current number for g sedgwick but he never replied so I guess not interested any more.  Maybe we should make a new club?

That sounds like a good idea. It would be nice to have sumer meets, and still keep in contact on this forum out of season.
'Insanity is just a natural adaption to an insane world'.

GIVE LT'S THE RECOGNITION THEY DESERVE IN THE VW SCENE'.

Kampamans Site
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 08 at 23:06
Any progress on this post?, I found a contact in an old magazine but never recieved a reply.
I have some free time, so any ideas?
thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 08 at 21:41
im up for forming a new club if we got together maybe we could get better spares availability help etc VW couldnt give a toss when you want to know anything and any commercial breakers with lts just want to rip you offthis sites great but it would be good to meet other owners now and again just to compare notes/horror stories does lt stand for loony tunes
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 08 at 15:38
Hi thai,

I up for it too but there doesn't seem to be much interest, over 300 reads but 5 replies.
Still if it allows us to share knowledge of spares, advise on repairs etc then its worth it.
My van is a 79 LT28 Camper which has just failed MOT on emissions (fixed today) and O/S/R brakes binding.
Now in garage cos some tits* has rounded of the allen key socket which holds the drum on.

Andy
tomschute View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 08 at 20:58
hi there,

been a while sinse i've been looking round this forum, and it is basically beacause of some of what has been mentioned above. Info on LTs does seem blury - mis informed information mostly and difficult to source parts. A club would sort that out a lot.

So here's my 5 pence worth. I used to be a web designer by trade, built a few large sites encompusing forums / galleys etc... but these days i've moved into Pro Audio. I don't have much time but I do have the skills required to set up a site and do basic admin duties.

Obviously this forum is about as good as it's gonna get for us LT fans as new owners seem to be able to find it but a dedicated site for a club would be a good foundation to build from.

Anyone want to take the responsability of managing the project put up your hand and im prepaired to design / build and host the site.

I know a site isn't a club but it would be good to achive info / photos / contacts etc...

regards,

Tom

edit: my email is papercutproductions@hotmail.com
sample site: www.stableaudio.co.uk

Edited by tomschute - 06 Jun 08 at 21:01
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 08 at 08:56
Generous offer indeed, I'm willing to manage the project and if membership grows perhaps a club will form. If not then the main issues can be dealt with, top of the list for me are spare parts and technical knowledge.

Andy
surfzone View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 08 at 14:24
Hi All
I,m up for the club I now my Lt still off the road and my writing  is rubbish but I will help with information I now of some German sites  here one that good

workshop information I put it throw this site for English

well it a start,you only need one Gran of sand to start a beach
  balls in your court
                     thanks surfzone
illumini View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 08 at 19:34
Hi all LT owners.
I too would like to join a fledgling LT owners club.
We have just taken delivery of our 1992 LT28 Florida and are delighted.
Looking forward to those big journeys now.
Will post picture soon if you're interested?
Regards
Paul
thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 08 at 20:15
ok were do we go from here anyone any sugestions.
Terry
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 08 at 20:30
Hi All,

Tom has offered to build a web site, but this is likely to take a while.
I can spare the time to do the day to day stuff, unless someone else has experience in running a club or would like to take over, I don't mind so long as it happens.

For the time being how about posting what you would like from the club and what you may be able to offer.

For example I am a fairly good mechanic, have welding equipment and can make a decent job of body work repairs. I also have 20+ years experience with computers.

Andy
66 joker View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 08 at 23:12
I have recently got a 91 florida and am well chuffed with it..
Deffo up for joining a lt owners clubThumbs%20Up
grahamthemaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 08 at 23:57
Hi all
I have just this minute found this forum whilst looking for an LT owners club.
I have owned my LT 31 for over a year and am loving it.
I would be very interested in joining a new club.

Graham
thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 08 at 08:51
hi all if andy is up for running the day to day stuff thats great I think it would help if anyone who is interested lists any skills etc they can offer so we can so we can work out who can do what. like andy im a pretty good mechanic and have lots of toys inc engine hoists compressors welding I also have a set of vw dealers workshop manuals I also convert vans into campers so can help regards fitting out
Terry
tomschute View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 08 at 09:33

Hello,

Good to see there's some interest. If people could make some suggestions of what might be useful on the site I can start to make a basic layout. We can then start to gather content for it.

Has anyone any examples of a site already in use by a club that they deem good and well functioning. I think the body of the site should be fairly static with the forum holding the main body of information. That allows it to be more dynamic rather than waiting for me to get round to updating constantly.

Key facts / contacts could be included in the main site pages.

Forum sections:
Useful Contact details (perhaps broken down into engine / body work...)
Help Section
For sale / ebay section

Site Pages:
Gallery,
workshop manuals,
model specs,
history,
Previous Projects and Conversions,
Tutorials,
Links
Monthly news (VW / Van / Camper / festival / ??? related)

If the admin / club hierarchy could stand up and be counted then we could then allocate tasks.

Just a note on the forum - depending on how large the forum gets I may not be able to host this myself as these can cost a bit to run. I will do a little research and get back. If anyone else can give me some input on this area that would be of help. At the end of the day there aren’t too many LT owners about!
regards,

Tom

Edited by tomschute - 11 Jun 08 at 09:34
illumini View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 08 at 13:31
Hi Tom.
A couple of sites worth considering for format:
Club 80-90 ? Basic but effective.
Another owners group i was once involved with was http://www.omicron.uk.com/sera/
a bit more involved in format but the register worked well.
The only other thing I would add (Unless I missed it) would be an members register inc van spec, location blah blah.
Hope you find this of use??
Paul
caveman_dick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 08 at 16:40
Just had a look at the club80-90 and like the use of wiki, looks very effective.

I'm actually a web developer (ASP.NET/C#) so will be able to give a hand from a technical perspective although atm I can't guaruntee how much time i'll be able to spend on it!

One thing I would reccomend is the DotNetNuke App. It has a lot of pluggable modules to add new features and it written in DotNet so I'll be able to tweak the modules and/or write new ones for missing features.
tomschute View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 08 at 19:46
Originally posted by caveman_dick caveman_dick wrote:

Just had a look at the club80-90 and like the use of wiki, looks very effective.

I'm actually a web developer (ASP.NET/C#) so will be able to give a hand from a technical perspective although atm I can't guaruntee how much time i'll be able to spend on it!

One thing I would reccomend is the DotNetNuke App. It has a lot of pluggable modules to add new features and it written in DotNet so I'll be able to tweak the modules and/or write new ones for missing features.

Hi caveman,

Glad to see interest growing.

I've PM'd you on your suggestions. I'm a little concerned as my skill level maybe below other members here!

If we just need a site / forum to build the club from I can help but I'm afraid I can't build in to many apps Confused. Dosn't take long to get out of the loop once out of the web business!

regards,

Tom

Edited by tomschute - 11 Jun 08 at 19:50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>