The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT2 and sprinter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warning Chimes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeuceBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warning Chimes
    Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 16:29
Can anyone tell me whether my 99 LT2 is supposed to have a chime to tell me when the doors are opened please?
Mine has only just started doing it and only on the passenger door BUT it's also only just started lighting up the courtesy light on that side so I'm wondering whether it's always had this feature but the faulty door micro-switch was stopping it working?
Neither the courtesy light nor the chime work from the driving side but I've yet to check the micro-switch on that side so perhaps if I clean the terminals it will do it when I open the driving door too.
I've never seen a vehicle that had this as a feature.
Obviously I've seen them that chime when doors are opened if the lights are left on or the keys are in the ignition etc (this one does that too) but never just to say that the doors are opened.
What's the point?
I know the door's open, I'm getting in or out of it FFS!!!
HELP!!!!
DeuceBG View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeuceBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 16:57
Update.....

This chime DOES operate on both doors now I've cleaned the micro-switch terminals.
It seems to be the same chime as the "Lights On" one only quieter.
Any ideas gratefully received.....
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 17:55
Mine doesn't!
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

DeuceBG View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeuceBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 18:09
I'm wondering whether it was added as an entry alarm by the conversion company.
It only operates if the ignition is switched off.
markpark View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markpark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 14 at 00:45
Mine doesn't either. Could it be it actually thinks the lights are on when they are not? The headlight stalks can be tempremental.
DJ T3 homrbrew camper and 98 LT 2.5 TDI crew van
DeuceBG View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeuceBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 14 at 07:30
Originally posted by markpark markpark wrote:

Mine doesn't either. Could it be it actually thinks the lights are on when they are not? The headlight stalks can be tempremental.

That's a possibility I guess.
As I say, the chime (or rather buzzer) is much quieter than when the lights are left on but it's the same unit that's making the noise.
The other thing I was considering was that I recently installed a Reverse Camera and I took the Live and Earth feeds for the Camera Actuator Unit from the rear light cluster.
I wonder whether this has affected it in some adverse way?
I see no reason why it should have but with auto-electrics, who can say?
 Post Reply Post Reply