Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who bought these SA wheels then?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who bought these SA wheels then?
    Posted: 05 May 10 at 10:34

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220594796140&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

There's so few big window SA's about - who's got it now? I was considering buying that white SA caravelle before I found the blue 2.6 microbus.

Trying to get all the SA owners to talk to each other (new forum for RHD imports? Must be all of 20 vehiclesLOL) as we're all in the same boat when it comes to parts and the lack of manuals...

Have I missed anything?
ibiza1999 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibiza1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 10 at 12:15
We have a SA import white van and would def be up for sharing information. We were given some info on parts by a previous owner but already been told parts might be hard to get hold of. I think the parts will be available it's just working out where they are from! It seems some audi 100, some golf etc!
Redstar and south African import.                 One life! Live it!
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 10 at 12:27
What year/engine is yours?  Mine's a 1995 2.6 with aircon that doesn't blow cold! Think the gas has leaked out...cv joints are shot ( from Audi 100, got a part number over on 80-90) Golf 1 derived front seats (the backrest knobs break) the seats in very late microbuses/caravelles are different again..
Have I missed anything?
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 10 at 13:04
A mate of mine who works for Volvo on the big tonka toys re-gassed my old 2.5 SA Caravelle with the R12 a couple of years ago for 20 quid so worth asking around if you want it re-gassing.

Oh MK1 Polo glovebox lid and Audi 80 heater controls.

Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 10 at 14:00
The 2.6 has got R134, which is probably why it's leaked out. Glovebox is Mk1 Polo eh? I have been worried that one of the kids will break it, so just watch me try and find a spare when I bust it...
Got a nice new heater control panel and knobs from Classic Parts and they were cheap!
Have I missed anything?
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 10 at 14:09
Yes but double check the part number on the lid as it's been a while since i owned it.
Do you have the part number for the heater unit on the 2.6 as i've got a brand new one here from an A4 and it looks virtually the same.
This one is 8D2 819 045
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 10 at 20:23
Do you want a forum sticking up?
Infact, I'll just do it.
Give me 10 minutes.
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 10 at 20:26
<< click >>

Done.

There you go.

Smile

Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 13:47
Originally posted by Steve B Steve B wrote:

Yes but double check the part number on the lid as it's been a while since i owned it.
Do you have the part number for the heater unit on the 2.6 as i've got a brand new one here from an A4 and it looks virtually the same.
This one is 8D2 819 045
Missed this one! I do remember that the heater fascia is a LHD part number (wierd) in fact if I go out to the bus the old one is in the glove box...
893 819 073 B/01C The replacement came with red Audi filters instead of the VW green, but so what?
Someone had tried to clean it with solvent in the past and melted the surface Dead they are made from celluloid!

I think that this topic wants moving across to SA now Wink

Edited by silverbullet - 25 May 10 at 13:48
Have I missed anything?
Joe Knocker View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Knocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 14:26
Hi ya peep's i have a 91 silver 2.5 microbus just changed the cambelt, water pump, sump and tappits!! sump and tappits were from a audi 100 2.3 but i forgot what 100's the water pump came from i think a 2.2 the first water pump i got was for the 2.3 but that was rong!! cambelt was from a 2.2 quotro with 142 teeth i still need to change the power steering and alternator belt as they were the wrong size to! im hopping there going to be for the 2.2 as well! dose any one know what the electro fan is from on the rad? it is really starting to any my when ever i hit traffic and one that is done all there is left to do is sort out the tank sound from the exhaust manifold!!!
ya can't flog a dead horse unless it's to a glue factory!!!
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 14:43
Joe - slow down and put some full stops in there, mate! What's up with the fan on yours?

If you plan on keeping your SA you'll need a CD copy of ETKA (the VW parts catalogue) to work out what parts you can get (all the Audi 80/100/200 stuff) because it lists T3 models by country.

You need to look at the "T3 ZA" list. If a part comes up as "22 S" forget it - they were South African made parts and currently no way of getting them anything like easily...ask Mr Baxter nicely if it's a service item.

Some of us are trying to work out the front brake disc and pad problem (pads might be XR4i or Volvo 440) If you find out anything, let us know!
Have I missed anything?
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Knocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 14:59
funny enough the bloke i bought it off had the front brakes done not that long before i got it one sec i'll have a look at the recites see if i can find any thing!!!! sorry no time for comers or full stops 100mph 100% of the time!!!! lol, as for my fan it sounds like it wants to take off when ever i hit traffic i think it might be the bearing
P.S i have the ETKA already but was having probelms trying to get it to work on my tower
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Knocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 15:10
right found the recites, i have a part number for all the bit's, well i think i do? see if any of this helpsSmile
all i have is part numbers next to the items so here we go the front pad's say PAD518, the front disc's 104440311 and the back shoes SHU337 don't know if any of that is of help to you guy's but i have the work shops number that done all the work on my van since 2000 when it landed if you need it hit me back and i'll send it over!!!!!!
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 16:15
Nice one! The more info you've got the better!!! What garage/factors/brand of discs/pads?
Let's have the lot! You may have just saved the SA clique!

PS that's how T3 fan sounds - like an old Hoover LOL - check the fan cowl hasn't cracked on the top leg - mine has and I really should weld it up...

Who did you get the bus off? anyone here or at 80-90?

Edited by silverbullet - 16 Jun 10 at 16:16
Have I missed anything?
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Knocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 16:45
sorry i don't have any more info then that there is nothing ells on the invoice but the garage that did the work is in Bristol and there called 
Jarrett Brothers Ltd, Hatters Lane, Chipping Sodbury, Bristol, BS37 6AA Tel: 01454 327780. 

As i said before they did all the work, mot's on the van since it has been here and i found it of all place's on ebay!!!

It was so lucky, i saw it on there late on sunday night and the auction was dew to finish the next day at 10.00pm so called the bloke up in the morning went all the way down to bristol from london strait from work, it looked the dog's so gave him some cash and he took it off ebay, quite funny a few pepole were calling him after he took it off ebay, and they were quite cross but the bloke i bought it from said that he had it on ebay for 2 week and no one came to see it only one bloke who wanted it for his wife i was shocked his name was James i think 

Edited by Joe Knocker - 16 Jun 10 at 16:57
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 16:58

That is a Beast with those SA bullbars on! Very nice indeed. What's it like inside, then?

Edited by silverbullet - 16 Jun 10 at 17:20
Have I missed anything?
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Knocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 17:54
Originally posted by silverbullet silverbullet wrote:

That is a Beast with those SA bullbars on! Very nice indeed. What's it like inside, then?

I have to say it's quite mint!! not quite as mint as i want it, the back seat's could do with a bit of rug doctoring, but we just haven't had the weather to do it yet but apart from that it's clean as!!

every thing work's no, aircon but i have 2 sunny roof's.

i have come from driving a 1983 aircool pannel van with no heater and a seat that would start mutilating my back as soon as i got in it and let's say she took the rat look to the next level lol but i drove it with a big grin on my face for 3 year's!!!!! then i got this monster what a upgrade!!!!! lol 

Let me know if though's part number's are any good i have load's more as henry has had nearly every thing changed at some point 
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 10 at 00:11
So is yours a Volksiebus, Microbus or Caravelle? It would seem that 2.5's were like the late 2.1's in the brake department, which doesn't help anyone with the 2.6 vented discs Unhappy which are mega-bucks if you can find them...
Have I missed anything?
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Knocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 10 at 15:26
That's a bummerConfused!!!! next stop big fat cheque book I think for you then!!!! as for my van it's a microbus 8 seater but i have taken out the middle seats to give me more room!!!
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 10 at 16:33
I take it you've put the middle row in dry, mouse-free store Wink otherwise I'll be making you an offer (busted-up jump seat in mine)
Have I missed anything?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>