The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Secure your vans in Staffordshire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Secure your vans in Staffordshire
    Posted: 04 Mar 11 at 22:42
It hasn't actually been stolen, but someone's had a go at stealing my LLE this week. They broke in, but stole nothing, and didn't try hotwiring it, etc. If they had got that far they'd have been disappointed, as it currently had no battery fitted, and is immobilised by other means too. I can only assume they either didn't notice it had a steering steering wheel lock on until they got inside, or were disturbed. Fortunately they only broke a 1/4 light, so minimal damage.
   Secure your vans in Staffordshire. There's some tw@ out there trying to steal them.

Edited by rjes - 04 Mar 11 at 22:42
Regards,

Richard Jones,
R J Engineered Solutions,
rjes.com
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 11 at 23:50
Ta.
Seems the season thefts have started early this year.
rattybird View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rattybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 11 at 00:21
shakes head in disbelief ! 
rjes View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 11 at 10:55
I've got a couple of spare Cat 1 alarm / immobilisers lying around, so I think I'm going to fit one to the LLE now even though it's off the road at the moment.
Regards,

Richard Jones,
R J Engineered Solutions,
rjes.com
justintime View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justintime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 11 at 12:25
 I JUST GOT YOUR EMAIL RICH!!!!!!!! I'VE JUST MOVED MY BAY TO THE FRONT OF THE DRIVE -

I'M NOW MOVING IT BACK AGAIN AND MY T3 TDI HAS A HOME GROWN IMMOBILISER ON IT.
    I NOW IT'S NOT A GOOD THING TO SAY!!! ,BUT U'VE HAD QUIET A LOT OF VISITERS AROUND
      DUE TO YOUR WORK , I'M WONDERING IF IT'S SOME 1 IN THE VAN WORLD!!
                                          IF U NOW WHAT I MEAN!!Shocked
  THEY MUST OF LOOKED TO SEE IF IT HAD A BATTERY ON IT!!!!!! THEY MIGHT COME BACK AGAIN!!!      Angry.   IF IT MAKES U FEEL ANY BETTER, I GOT MY SPLITY BROCKEN IT TO TWISE!

LET CAMP OUT AND WHAT FOR THE F----  B-----!!
                                                I'LL BRING MY AXE (THE BIG 1)LOL
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justintime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 11 at 14:06
Originally posted by justintime justintime wrote:

I JUST GOT YOUR EMAIL RICH!!!!!!!! I'VE JUST MOVED MY BAY TO THE FRONT OF THE DRIVE -

I'M NOW MOVING IT BACK AGAIN AND MY T3 TDI HAS A HOME GROWN IMMOBILISER ON IT.
    I NOW IT'S NOT A GOOD THING TO SAY!!! ,BUT U'VE HAD QUIET A LOT OF VISITERS AROUND
      DUE TO YOUR WORK , I'M WONDERING IF IT'S SOME 1 IN THE VAN WORLD!!
                                          IF U NOW WHAT I MEAN!!Shocked
  THEY MUST OF LOOKED TO SEE IF IT HAD A BATTERY ON IT!!!!!! THEY MIGHT COME BACK AGAIN!!!      Angry.   IF IT MAKES U FEEL ANY BETTER, I GOT MY SPLITY BROCKEN IT TO TWISE!

LET CAMP OUT AND WHAT FOR THE F----  B-----!!
                                                I'LL BRING MY AXE (THE BIG 1)LOL
                       i just throught !! u have just moved your multi van in the last couple of weeks! to the front, which means some 1 has been watching and waighting for u to move it,  hasn't next do got a vid cam over looking u!!Shocked
mfunsta View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfunsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 11 at 08:23
Duly noted Rich, thanks for the heads up..
..good to meet you at rakeway the other week (getting my wheels sorted)
will have to look at some DIY immobilisation, I reckon
Eta-Beta View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eta-Beta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 11 at 00:07
think we need a quick release steering wheel mechanism inventing rich, and put the immobilser chip in the wheel. Wink
Hawklord View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawklord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 11 at 07:41
You could have all the fancy immobilisers and alarms going, but, i was looking on a stolen caravan register the other day, and, there were stacks of high-end caravans that had gone missing with all the fancy alarms, and ever TRACKERS that have not been recovered!
You can get these GPS thingies on the bay that will alter by text if your van (or anything else) actually moves a inch.
When i went up to London last September, i was SO paranoid, i paid almost £20 to park for 3 hours at KX and parked in such a way that it would be almost impossible to tow my van.

2001 Sprinter, like a LT35 with a decent engine!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justintime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 11 at 21:49
Smile

Edited by justintime - 19 Apr 11 at 22:14
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 11 at 22:01
i need a translater!

im fick
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justintime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 11 at 22:24
a  van was nicked and the rober got nicked and banged up!!! he was stealing to order.
allso there's polish looking at car at 3am in the morning, have they been working to gever!
or is there just a lot of robers a bout !!
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 11 at 22:32
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/31/128779139072926757.jpg

Edited by Steve B - 18 Apr 11 at 22:34
 Post Reply Post Reply